Just curious to see who uses their BB for personal use. not because your company gives it to you or for business. I have office job but my company doesnt require us to use BB's so i just got mine for personal email, calls, texts, camera etc. Do you think it makes sense to get a Blackberry strictly for personal use?
    06-27-08 08:22 AM
    Personal use is why I bought my blackberry. I am a student so I use it for email, news and web etc. I am expecting to be hired as a pastor at a church about an hour from the school I attend, so I will rely on my BB to do many of the items I would do on my laptop, but can't because I am mobile the vast majority of the day.
    06-27-08 08:31 AM
    My use is strictly personal.
    Entertainment, productivity, etc!
    The reasons I set up my work email on it is just because I love exercising the capabilities of the device!
    Its awesome!!
    06-27-08 08:36 AM
    My wife and I got BlackBerries for personal use. It really helps us keep (slightly) more organized. We include each other on calendar events so we know what the other has planned, and we chat on BBM most of the day, among the many other things we use them for.
    06-27-08 08:37 AM
    I have mine for personal use. I work in the messaging department at my work, and we support everyones BlackBerries, but they're too cheap to get me one. I've been using smartphones for about a year and a half. When my iPhone took a dunk in the pool I tried to go back to a regular phone, I think I lasted 4 days before switching to the curve.
    06-27-08 08:40 AM
    Strictly personal use here. And if I ever talk my wife into using my old Pearl, we'll be a two-BB-user household.
    06-27-08 08:40 AM
    Personal Use, I Got My Wife To Use My Old Pearl And She's An Abuser... And Not The Kind We Like
    06-27-08 08:49 AM
    Personal Use Only. Actually I have my work email setup with my blackberry also. But I don't get as much mail there.
    06-27-08 08:52 AM
    I got my for just personal use, like having access to my emails whenever I want and plus I use the **** out SMS and some other features..
    06-27-08 08:56 AM
    I use mine for personal use. My job is too cheap to buy cell phones.. even for management. I use mine for surfing the web and email since I have no internet access at work. Now that I think about it.. have no clue why I still work there.
    06-27-08 08:56 AM
    Personal here. I don't really neeed a berry for the work that I do.
    06-27-08 08:59 AM
    bought mine strictly for personal use as well, and love it...
    06-27-08 09:08 AM
    It is my personal phone but since I own my own business (and I'm the only employee)' my "work" and "personal" email are the same.

I am moving my business next month so I ported my company phone number to a new cellphone and purchased a Curve for my personal phone/portable data device. I wish I had done that long ago as it allows me much more freedom. I don't have to be in the office to take calls from customers any more. Doh!

When I move, I intend to not have any wire line carriers and use my Curve for net access via Blue Tooth to my desktop PC. I have done that before for trade shows and it worked fine. I don't have to worry about signal strength because Verizon (and all the other carriers) has a site on the roof above me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 09:09 AM
    I use my berry for both. But becoming more personal each day. Bought the gf a Pearl and she uses it for both as well.
    06-27-08 09:13 AM
    It's all personal here! I don't even subscribe to BIS, lol. It's a great device for SMS/GPS/web browsing/occasional MP3.
    06-27-08 09:22 AM
    All personal Use here as well ,, I did set up the Work e-mail just to stay connected,, wife also has a Curve and she did the same with her e-mail.. Gotta LOVE the Curve.
    06-27-08 09:42 AM
    I got my strictly for personal use. I love being able to use all the features - GPS, navigation, messaging on a full QWERTY keypad, photos, video, all my email addresses to one inbox, reading books, reading all my news on RSS, playing games, and the list goes on & on & on & on.....
    06-27-08 09:49 AM
    Mine is all for personal use and I love it !!!! Best toy I have gotten in a long time.
    06-27-08 10:00 AM
    Personal use here. My job would prefer if you had a smart phone but I got mine for me! And I rarely use it for anything work related.
    06-27-08 10:10 AM
    Strictly personal here!
    06-27-08 10:18 AM
    I use my curve for strictly personal. My job does not require a smart phone or anything. I love getting my email on my phone and the web access is super! I'm addicted to BB messenger. I must admit I felt silly at first getting a "business phone" for personal use only, and wondered if it was a mistake, but I fell in love and met some great people here and now I feel like I'm at home with CB and my berry!
    06-27-08 10:32 AM
    I got mine mainly for personal use but also because i started my own business (bookeeping and accounting services) and want to be able to be accessible to clients from any location and have more functionality when going off site to clients offices. I got so addicted to my berry since i got it works so well with my daily activities.
    06-27-08 10:51 AM
    I use the phone part strictly for personal use as I have a Motorola i580 from work. But I have been using the PIM features and email for business as well as personal.

A lot of our competitors in the industry I work in are starting to switch to Blackberries. I just gotta convince the owners of the company that a Blackberry would be a lot more useful than the push-to-talk on an iDen phone.
    06-27-08 10:58 AM
    Strictly Personal Here
    06-27-08 10:59 AM
    My work only supports WM phones () so I just got a BlackBerry for personal use. It's great because I can fire off emails and SMS all day while checking my Facebook! (personal email and Facebook are banned at my workplace) I also love the calendar although I can't sync it with my Outlook since the IT Services here refuses to support BlackBerries for some unfathomable reason. I have to type in calendar entries twice, once for Outlook and once for Google Calendar which I then sync with my BlackBerry.
    06-27-08 11:35 AM
90 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD