Hey I'm trying to figure out how durable blackberrys are... how many times have you dropped your blackberry?
    02-17-08 08:17 PM
    I have had my crack for just over a month and I have yet to drop it. in the past week since I have bought the Mrs. a pearl I have droped it 3 times and have not had any problems with it. From the way they feel and what I have read they can take a beating. But as with any electronic device they will fail and droping them or causing anyt other form of "shock" damage to the device will speed up the process...

On a side note... I upgraded from a treo 750. I droped it more times than I can remember and have had it replaced about every 15 drops... The bb seems much more durable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 08:24 PM
    Me, none, yet. My boss dropped his from waist high onto a bare concrete floor at work. It now had a very tiny crack in the upper right hand corner of the casing around by the LCD screen. The screen isn't broken, just the casing. The BB works just fine. When I dropped my first gen Handspring from a similar height, it broke the screen and was rendered useless. The BB seems to be solidly built.
    02-17-08 08:45 PM
    I have sadly dropped my curve about 4-5 times (yea im a loser) but no problems. Only one was above waist. Only a couple scratches though and nothing else.
    02-17-08 11:08 PM
    im actually pretty shocked, i dropped my curve over 15 times and it still works perfect...
    02-17-08 11:10 PM
    You mean just today? Or in total?

02-17-08 11:27 PM
    in total at least 15 times.. today i actually dropped it once lol
    02-17-08 11:49 PM
    I got angry and I spiked my curve like a football. Damn emails! No no that would be cb abuse. Seriously I dropped it like ten times in the last 3 or 4 months. Everytime I do people stop and gasp, but I never worry. Its a fairly solid phone!

02-18-08 01:04 AM
    My 8703e at least 10 times, prolly more. A few knicks in the corner but never any screen damage. The BB itself has never had any issues after any of my drops....

02-18-08 01:12 AM
    I dropped mine, as I tried to save it from hitting the ground I accidently kicked it accross the parking lot. It had a lot of scratches but still worked fine.
    02-18-08 01:38 AM
    Maybe 3-4 times
    02-18-08 05:20 AM
    Just once, slipped right out my hands. It wasn't that big of a fall. No damages what so ever.

02-18-08 06:18 AM
    I bought it to use it! I didn't buy it just to look at it (Well, I kinda did)

02-18-08 06:20 AM
    Had mine clipped inside my pants pocket. While in a cab, the clip must have worked it's way out. When I left the cab, it went flying! It survived the fall to the pavement with just two small scratches. Now had I not jumped to get it on that NY City street..well I am sure it would have been flattened!
    The BB was only 3 days old at the time too. Ouch. But a few days later I had to return it anyway. It began shutting off for no apparent reason. I don't know if it was related to the fall. VZW promptly replaced.
    02-18-08 06:48 AM
    I own my Curve for just over 5 months now and never dropped it.

Actually, I own mobile devices for about 10 years and only dropped it twice!

So, what's wrong with you people? Still I ordered myself an Otterbox just in case

Daruba.
    02-18-08 07:17 AM
    I was making my bed and thought I had everything off the comforter. So I grab the comforter and lift it way in the air to get it made up and wham! I flung my curve into my wall! And I about dropped a load if you know what I mean. I found it behind my stand in the corner. It still worked and still does today! I have only one small scratch near my end button.
    02-18-08 09:12 AM
    Never. It's too precious...

02-18-08 09:48 AM
    Almost two months, and I have not dropped my curve. Whew!
    02-18-08 09:54 AM
    I've had it 5 mos and no drops yet. Hope to keep that streak alive.

02-18-08 09:57 AM
    This topic is taboo!!! Dropping B/Berries?? This is unheard of. If I do drop mine for any Ungodly reason and I scratch it or bruise it, I will be paying my 50 dollar deductable for a brand new one. My philosophy is that when anyone sees your phone bruised up, your pen and pencils chewed up or even riding in your car with a bunch of trash from the front to the back seat, that says a lot about an individual. No, I've never dropped my New 8830 and only certain people I will let even touch it. I'd rather drop a brand new shirt in mud before I drop my Berry. What say you all??

02-18-08 10:20 AM
    I'm notorious for dropping/ breaking my phones, which was how I was in the market for a new phone to begin with. However, since procuring the Berry( less than 2 weeks ago), I've only dropped it twice, both short falls on carpet. ;-) I still plan to get a cover for it.
    02-18-08 01:50 PM
    Not even once. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Amen.
    02-18-08 02:15 PM
    This topic is taboo!!! Dropping B/Berries?? This is unheard of. If I do drop mine for any Ungodly reason and I scratch it or bruise it, I will be paying my 50 dollar deductable for a brand new one. My philosophy is that when anyone sees your phone bruised up, your pen and pencils chewed up or even riding in your car with a bunch of trash from the front to the back seat, that says a lot about an individual. No, I've never dropped my New 8830 and only certain people I will let even touch it. I'd rather drop a brand new shirt in mud before I drop my Berry. What say you all??

Several people have already said they've dropped it so it isn't THAT unheared of...

Plus, why pay $50 for a scratch when you cound get an OEM case from cnn.cn?
    02-18-08 02:52 PM
    Does knocking it off my bedside lamp table onto the floor in the morning trying to turn off the alarm count? That has become a daily occurrance lately...

02-18-08 03:11 PM
    I threw my 8310 at the wall one day about 2 months ago in a drunken state of mind. Small chip in the corner, but SOMEHOW, it works fine.
    02-18-08 03:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD