mine fell off my side and got run over by the quad i was riding. Still works with minor scratches
    08-18-08 01:20 PM
    I had my phone replaced last Monday because of some issues with the internals. I had it for about eight months and no drops. Two days after I get my new phone, I drop a flash light on it, cracking the screen. So I am on a hunt for a new housing for it.
    08-18-08 01:38 PM
    Twice. Once when I was unplugging it from the USB cord -it hit the computer desk &fell on the floor. And today it fell of my desk because I accidently pushed my binder when I moved my arm. Thank goodness it was in the OEM case!! I <3 that case. - bought a silicon skin but went back to using the OEM case it came with.
    So, no scratches and hopefully it stays that way!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 11:32 PM
    Once. I was walking-while-texting and tripped over a curb -- my Curve flew out of my hands, hit the pavement, and bounced into some grass. After my heart restarted, I almost cried.

There's a ding in the black plastic on the lower right-hand side. It hurt so much to see that ding that I bought a skin to cover it up.
    That's dangerous. I tripped over a curb in may I landed wrong and to this day I still can't walk on that one leg because it hurts. I can't wait until I can walk normal again! I also read an online article about a woman texting who tripped over a curb &sprained her ankle.

08-28-08 12:11 AM
    I drop mine all the time. I used to get invisible shield and cases and stuff like that but I change phones every year or so anyway so at this point, I've learned to live with scratches. I have a few small scratches on the screen but nothing major.

I've had times where I've dropped it and the battery goes flying but it still works fine.

I've had my son grab it with his wet hands after a bath when I was pretty sure it would short circuit something but it still works fine.

The Curve is pretty durable.

RVD.
    08-28-08 12:28 AM
    Mine took a thirty foot drop. I was on a scaffold working on a light fixture. I decided to use my belt to lower my tool tray. When I took my belt off, I heard a clank and realized I forgot about my BB in my holster. I when i got down, the battery and cover flew off. I even forgot to put on the BB skin that morning (yeah I was brain dead). I think the BB flew out of my nylon holster when it hit ground. Well, to my disbelieve; My BB survived. No damaged at all.
    08-28-08 02:52 AM
    Mine was dropped once. It was in the holster but the holster got caught on my jacket and popped off of my belt--dropping to the pavement. Of course wouldn't you know that the part that hit the pavement first was the corner of the BB that sticks out of the holster! Luckily it is just a small nick in the corner that is bearly noticible.

UGH! same thing happened to me. Had the holster clipped to my belt and it caught the car door. Broke the clip off the holster and my berry bit right where it wasn't protected.
    08-28-08 04:09 AM
    Threw mine, (drunk), back flew off, battery went and so did sim card and holder. Lost the lock button. Put it back together to find horizontal white lines across bottom of screen and keypad that wont light up at all. Replaced the screen, and the keypad bezel, screen works good, keypad still wont light up. Works fine otherwise
    08-28-08 05:55 AM
    No drops and scratches since new, I am VERY careful with my Curve
    08-28-08 07:56 AM
    I have dropped mine many times just taking it out of the case. How pathetic! I need a screen protector or I know I will be sorry before much longer.
    08-28-08 07:59 AM
    I drop mine all the time. I used to get invisible shield and cases and stuff like that but I change phones every year or so anyway so at this point, I've learned to live with scratches. I have a few small scratches on the screen but nothing major.

I've had times where I've dropped it and the battery goes flying but it still works fine.

I've had my son grab it with his wet hands after a bath when I was pretty sure it would short circuit something but it still works fine.

The Curve is pretty durable.

RVD.
    I'm glad you said the curve is durable. I dropped it sohard one time the battery flew outn dropped it while walking and someone walking next to me kicked it and to many other times to count. I was worried one day I was going to wake up and my Lyla-berry would have passed away while I slept. I was going to get a new one, but I can't just get rid of her because she's scratched. I will get her colored though!
    08-28-08 08:49 AM
    I've dropped mine about 3 times and its still ticking. I was thinking about getting the rubber cover.
    08-28-08 09:35 AM
    a few times for me but thanks to my Seidio case and holster no damages scratches at all.
    Same here!!!!
    08-28-08 09:40 AM
    I was recently running to catch a train at Grand Central in NYC, I had had a few beers and the sidewalk was slippery because someone had sprayed it down with a hose. Wearing a suit with my BB in my hand my feet slipped out from under me, BB skidding across the sidewalk.....not a scrath thanks to a rubber skin! Bruises all up my right arm were a sacrifice I was willing to make...
    08-28-08 10:33 AM
    i had my BB curve hooked up to my car stereo using one of those cassette adapters that goes in to the headphone jack of the BB and the other side goes into the cassette player in the car. at the same time my BB curve was inside my leather holster clipped to my belt. when i parked my car and got out of the driver seat i forgot my BB that was clipped to melt was also hooked up to the car stereo and the cable just popped the BB right out of the holster and it fell right under the car. my life was flashing before my eyes. the corners of the BB were scratched a little, but thank god the screen wasn't. anyway
    BB is a pretty durable smart phone, but that incident still broke my heart lol.
    08-29-08 10:09 AM
    more times than i wish to count and its still workin
    08-29-08 10:44 AM
    I recently purchased a new casing for my Curve because it had so many scratches on it. Like three days later I was at work and I thought I was gonna have to get a new Curve. I work for United Airlines, in the Ramp. Well, I was exiting the rear cargo compartment on a Boeing 757 aircraft. As I stepped on the belt loader and started walking down, somehow my BB came loose out of my holster. My BB fell about 20 feet straight down to the ground. I almost started crying. Thank god my BB was OK, pretty scratched up, but OK. No functioning problems what-so-ever. I love my BB.
    11-21-08 03:19 PM
    Today was the first time, and I am still upset from the whole experience...lol. I was in the Barber Shop, I forgot I left it on my leg, when I got up...I looked like a Pro Football player trying to not fumble...then SPLAT. I was lucky, I have invisashield face cover, and a BB jelly case, so it didn't get bruised at all, THANK GOD!!!
    11-21-08 09:15 PM
    Mine slipped out of my hand about two weeks ago.. (As if I have no finger prints what so ever to hold a phone..)
    It hit the floor, the door and battery popped up but no scratch and everything was working fine..

Yay for tough phones!
    11-21-08 09:49 PM
    I dropped mine once. It was in it's sleeve but got a little scratch on the corner.

It really bothers me.
    11-22-08 08:19 AM
    One time too many for me. Came out of the clip face in holster while exiting a small doorway. I've moved to the Otterbox case so no longer worry about drops.
    11-22-08 10:53 AM
    One time too many for me. Came out of the clip face in holster while exiting a small doorway. I've moved to the Otterbox case so no longer worry about drops.
    The Otterbox is good, but not great. I had mine in the Otterbox this AM and dropped it on the pavement. It cracked the screen right along the left edge where the Otterbox sits. Now it would of destroyed the whole screen if I didn't have the Otterbox one though. I have ordered a new lens off of Ebay so I will be good once it gets here.

Mike
    11-22-08 11:10 AM
    Boy was I mad....not even 2 days after I got my bb I was out walking my dog n he pulled on his leash n I slipped trying to restrain n tossed my berry into a pile of rocks....landed face up n only scratched the bottom right corner....

11-24-08 01:29 AM
    My first curve was chewed by my pup like the second day I had it. I dropped it few times and even had syrup spilled on it...but it was perfect in every sense of the word. I took it back cause my trackball wasn't workin about two weeks ago. The new one has only fallen once and wouldn't you know it, it dropped screen down on a rock . Sooooo now saving money to get curve 3 lol

11-24-08 07:47 AM
149 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD