I have used many Smartphones. My first real smartphone was a T-Mobile Wing. That was an awful, awful experience. It was slow, windows mobile was clunky, and this device basically made it so I never want to even go near a Windows Mobile device ever again. The hardware keyboard on the wing was good though in my opinion.

The Windows Mobile platform I belived was so bad on the Wing, I actually "upgraded" to a Motorola W490.

So later on, I decide I wanted to try another smartphone. Because I use a Mac, I have decided to go for an iPhone. My first iPhone was a 4GB. I loved the little thing but apple's restrictions kept me from really enjoying the device.

I was back on a dumb phone once more until I got my 8GB iphone when 2.0 came out. I have upgraded it to 2.1 and still a very unstable experience. I was really tired of mobile safari crashing constantly when I was browsing the web. My unlocked and jailbroken iPhone was used on T-Mobile. I have even had the phone randomly restart in the middle of a call! And don't even get me started on that touchscreen keyboard.

Nevertheless I have Craigslisted the iphone and now own a BlackBerry Curve 8320 on t mobile. And so far I am sold. I do miss Jelly Car on the iphone, but I am gladly giving that up for the stability of a BlackBerry. I have came to the world of bb's and now I am here to stay :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 10:29 PM
    I too was an iphone user, and will not go back. I do however have the touch which is awesome for when I am on deployments overseas.

11-29-08 10:33 PM
    I'll admit. I am crazy in love with the iphone. I actually stood in line for 4 hours on the iphone 3g launch day. I never cancelled my Sprint contract but signed up with At&t for 30 days to try the iphone 3g out. The 1st week I had it I was in love and ready to say goodbye to Blackberry forever. Then after the 7th day of having the iphone the excitement went away and the lagging and freezing the iphone had started bothering me. I was so in love with it that I thought I could deal with it. About 2 weeks into my new contract I got a HUGE bill from At&t. Long story short I cancelled and stayed with Sprint. Am I happy?....yes. Am I 110% satisfied?...no.
    While my Blackberry is the best smartphone part of me still wishes I had my iphone 3g, but I'd rather have stability and that's what's the Blackberry gives me.

11-29-08 10:48 PM
    Well I was lucky enough to have unlimited access to an original iphone without a contract and frankly I can't deal with it for a phone, but as an ipod its great, but I also dislike all touch screen phones.

11-29-08 10:51 PM
    I had an iPhone as well and really loved it. sadly, my wife's iPhone was stolen and for her work she needed the email 24/7 so she took over mines while we saved for the new iphone and I would deal with a blackberry pearl from a friend on the meantime.
    I still love the iphone, yes there was a time that sucked when the new 2.0.x firmwre came out because of all the dropped calls, etc... but it all seems to be working smooth again on my wife's iPhone on the 2.2 firmware.
    What I like from the blackberry better than the iPhone is that the T-zones is a lot faster and I am still paying $5.99 for unlimited data and have full internet :P
    11-29-08 11:15 PM
    I've carried a 3g for a few months and decided to go to a Curve. My wife is carrying the iphone now and i took her upgrade to get the curve. I'm liking it so far.. much better then any windows device. The iphone is a fantastic piece of equipment, but the BB and iphone are just so opposite. Both are great, and as soon as i get as familiar with my new curve, i'm sure i'll be convincing her i need teh Bold
    11-30-08 12:42 AM
    To answer your post question literally:

Yes, I have "came", but I have not tried an iPhone.
    11-30-08 01:02 AM
    I had an iPhone as well. And although ut was for the mist part an enjoyable experience, the service was frustrating and the phone buggy. So I switched and I'm in love.

11-30-08 01:49 AM
    Had an iPhone, then an iPhone 3G. Now I have a Blackberry on VZW because reliable email is important to me; so is being able to actually make phone calls.. The iPhone is really nice looking, and the internet is great on it, but it sucks as a phone (around Detroit anyway).
    11-30-08 08:58 AM
    Possibly the strangest subject line I've ever read on here ....
    11-30-08 09:00 AM
    my wife has the 2g iPhone and she absolutely loves it. I think its pretty cool as well, but I really prefer my BB curve.
    11-30-08 10:51 AM
    It certainly has tons of accessories for media that BB doesn't. Still do not them in use as much as BB's in the business community.

11-30-08 11:00 AM
    Currently have an iPhone 3g. I love the phone and the apps. Typing is very easy since I upgraded to BigKeyMail app. Allows use of landscape keyboard and also accessory symbols. But hate AT&T service. Ten years ago I tried AT&T and took phone back. Minimal service at my office and no service at home. Ten years later it's the same deal. WTF? So I had to keep my Verizon phone to actually make phone calls. I just purchased a Curve 8330 for Verizon on eBay. Really looking forward to having just one device with me!!
    11-30-08 11:37 AM
    Well I was lucky enough to have unlimited access to an original iphone without a contract and frankly I can't deal with it for a phone, but as an ipod its great, but I also dislike all touch screen phones...
    I'm the same way, I dislike all touchscreen devices I've used. The iPhone (original) was very nice, but took a while to relearn typing on it. The browser and iPod were the best features on it without a doubt.

my wife has the 2g iPhone and she absolutely loves it. I think its pretty cool as well, but I really prefer my BB curve.
    Always confusing when people say "2g iPhone" because with Apple's iPod's they use 2g/3g/4g for the generation of it. So when I see 2g I think the 2nd generation, but it's not what people mean. I wish Apple didn't go with "3G iPhone" and stuck with their traditional 2g for 2nd generation of the iPhone with 3G speeds.

Yeah, I agree with you. The iPhone was very cool and fun to use, but prefer the BlackBerry over it.
    11-30-08 11:43 AM
    Possibly the strangest subject line I've ever read on here ....
    Ahh, I was just tired at the time. Yes I am reading the subject and now am laughing at myself.
    12-01-08 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD