I can't figure out how to made the stupid ringer loud enough that I can hear it while the phone is in my pocket and I'm in the car with the windows down. I've downloaded the classic ringer that is suposed to be the loudest (BTW my fav ringer, been using it for years) and nada. Also My alarm is not worth a damn if it doesn't wake me up from a power nap. Someone please help. This is my first bb and I really think I'll get rid of it if I can't make it loud enough to hear, I hate leaving my phone on vibrate all the time. Also, can we change the repeat notifiction to something other than a LED blinking, an audible reminder would just make too much sense. TIA
    Last edited by Jduffy277; 05-22-08 at 07:49 AM.
    05-22-08 07:45 AM
    I gave up on trying to make it ring louder! i have finally just kept it on vibrate and close to me cuz I was having the same problem. (I did have someone pic txt me a ring tone from a razr. Rings, that is pretty loud but does get old after a while)
    As far as my alarm I went and paid for an app. BBSmart Alarms Pro. that works really good!! You can also program it for your own songs to play as an alarm. It was worth the $$, some apps are not tho. I believe I got it as a bundle with BBsmart email. (that is worthless!!) But not the alarm one.
    05-22-08 09:42 AM
    Did you go into profiles/advance/loud and select it. There will be some options to set the ringer volume to low-med-high-escalating-mute there. Ensure this is set to high. Also you can set the reminder notification to 'none' if you want to eliminate the blinking. Not sure how to set the reminder to a sound. I am happy with the volume on the Curve compared with the 8830WE. hope this helps.....
    05-22-08 09:51 AM
    I do not know what either of you are doing to sent your ring tomes, I leave my phone in my office all day and I can go out into our warehouse and hear my phone all the way in the back of the building. (it is a 3000 sq ft warehouse)
    05-22-08 09:57 AM
    It seems like no one is happy with the speaker on the curve, a sprint tech told me that a different back might help the sound quality better...i.e. something with a vented cover over the speaker. i'm thinking about ordering a different cover to try it. Has anyone else tried a different btry door?
    05-22-08 11:36 AM
    It seems like no one is happy with the speaker on the curve, a sprint tech told me that a different back might help the sound quality better...i.e. something with a vented cover over the speaker. i'm thinking about ordering a different cover to try it. Has anyone else tried a different btry door?
    I had to buy a "vented" cover for my Pearl...it was worth the money I paid for it......now I can hear my phone from anywhere in my home.....
    05-22-08 11:57 AM
    I do not know what either of you are doing to sent your ring tomes, I leave my phone in my office all day and I can go out into our warehouse and hear my phone all the way in the back of the building. (it is a 3000 sq ft warehouse)
    from the looks of your profile you have the at&t curve

i have a few friends that have the at&t curve and their curves are 3 times louder than my curve on verizon, and yes I have the profile set to "Loud"

some of the rumors I am hearing is that the verizon ringers are lower than other curves.

however, i have read on here too that some people people swear their curve is ear bleeding loud....wish i could get one of those
    05-22-08 12:21 PM
    I have an Alltel 8330 and the ringer is a lot louder than my 8830 and 8130.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-08 12:38 PM
    I use an extract from Derek and the Dominos - Layla that I ran through Audacity and set the amplitude as high as I dared without distortion. I did not normalize it. I just fiddled with it because I do a lot of audio editing.

I have go it so loud that it is now too loud when the phone is set to maximum volume.
    05-22-08 01:42 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I hope this helps others who come across this looking for the FIX to their VOLUME issues!

Okay so here goes ... Now this is what worked for my phone so hopefully it works for YOU ... if not I apologize in advance but I would guess it would work the same for all the Pearl models. GOOD LUCK!

1. Go into the "Profiles (xxxx)" tab. On my phone it is the speaker icon and it also states "Profiles (Loud)" to be exact.

2. Scroll down past all of the following:

-Loud (If this does not state "active" then please make it your active ringer by selecting it now)
    - Vibrate
    - Quiet

Until you see ...

Advanced... and enter this menu!

3. Select the first listed item which should be Loud (Active).

4. Once in here you should see numerous selections such as: Browser, Calendar, Facebook and so on.

5. Select the one that looks like this:

Phone [xxxxxxxxxx] *the x's being your phone number*

There may be one above it that looks similar but is not your actual phone number. Leave that one for now.

6. Once you enter this menu you should then see:

Out of Holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (your phones current ringtone)

and so on ...

You should see Volume as your next selection and it should be set to High.

If it is not set to HIGH, this is your issue! My phone was set to MEDIUM by default and that resulted in the low ringtone!

So simply change this to HIGH and when you go back to the previous menu it should state "Changes made!" Be sure to Save these!

What I did to be sure it worked the same for all the ringer settings was I went back to the list (Browser, Calendar, Facebook, Level 1 Messages etc.) and I made sure the VOLUME was set to HIGH for all of them!

THAT WAS IT! It worked for mine and I hope it works for everyone else as I know what a pain this has been spending hours trying to find a solution online with no success .. I hope I finally found the fix for everyone.

Best of luck!!

T6
    09-06-08 09:34 AM
    my ringer is loud enough i stepped out the office and went to my car which was parked infront of my window and left my curve on the desk and could hear it outside. It was faint but I still heard it. I came back in and the receptionist was pleased to inform me that Everyone in the office heard ''me so horny from disturbia''
    09-06-08 06:26 PM
    I have set the volumes at max and still my downloaded ring tones are low at best. I am used to the Razors where the ring tones could be heard a mile away! even on the Razors we had to turn the ring vol down. Any help with the 8130 is appreciated.
    01-25-09 07:22 PM
    I have set the volumes at max and still my downloaded ring tones are low at best. I am used to the Razors where the ring tones could be heard a mile away! even on the Razors we had to turn the ring vol down. Any help with the 8130 is appreciated.
    Welcome to crackberry!
    01-25-09 07:27 PM
    Welcome!

I have some ringers I got from zedge.com under the sfx category and they will literally scare the shi# out of me if its on loud. I live in a large house and if I leave my berry on the other side of the house I can hear it just fine. I also had 4.5 and the ring was affected so I downgraded back to 4.2 (it happens to some I was told). I need a loud ringer.
    01-25-09 07:38 PM
    I used Audacity to set the gain of my favorite mp3 higher, now I have the Profile set to Normal.

Some say mp3gain is also a candidate to use for increasing ringtone volume.
    01-25-09 07:42 PM
    I know this is an old thread but I hope this helps others who come across this looking for the FIX to their VOLUME issues!

Okay so here goes ... Now this is what worked for my phone so hopefully it works for YOU ... if not I apologize in advance but I would guess it would work the same for all the Pearl models. GOOD LUCK!

1. Go into the "Profiles (xxxx)" tab. On my phone it is the speaker icon and it also states "Profiles (Loud)" to be exact.

2. Scroll down past all of the following:

-Loud (If this does not state "active" then please make it your active ringer by selecting it now)
    - Vibrate
    - Quiet

Until you see ...

Advanced... and enter this menu!

3. Select the first listed item which should be Loud (Active).

4. Once in here you should see numerous selections such as: Browser, Calendar, Facebook and so on.

5. Select the one that looks like this:

Phone [xxxxxxxxxx] *the x's being your phone number*

There may be one above it that looks similar but is not your actual phone number. Leave that one for now.

6. Once you enter this menu you should then see:

Out of Holster: Tone
    Ring Tone: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (your phones current ringtone)

and so on ...

You should see Volume as your next selection and it should be set to High.

If it is not set to HIGH, this is your issue! My phone was set to MEDIUM by default and that resulted in the low ringtone!

So simply change this to HIGH and when you go back to the previous menu it should state "Changes made!" Be sure to Save these!

What I did to be sure it worked the same for all the ringer settings was I went back to the list (Browser, Calendar, Facebook, Level 1 Messages etc.) and I made sure the VOLUME was set to HIGH for all of them!

THAT WAS IT! It worked for mine and I hope it works for everyone else as I know what a pain this has been spending hours trying to find a solution online with no success .. I hope I finally found the fix for everyone.

Best of luck!!

T6
    This was pretty much my only complaint about my pearl, if i didn't feel the vibe, (was that a phantom vibe?) and i can't hear the ringtone, i miss the damn call! btw...what's up with phantom vibe anyway? I feel 'em even when i don't have my holster on...i digress, thanks for the information, fixed me right up!
    04-19-09 04:09 AM
    ok.. i have a curve 8310 and I upgraded to os 4.5 and had the same issues with the ringer volume. So I searched for a little while and came upon this post. I went and searched for mp3gain. Oh My God!! Did that make a difference!!!! I copied all my ringtones to the computer then started the mp3 gain app and redid all my ringtones. It is extremely loud .. just the way i need it to be. I can't post a link so just search for mp3gain ...
    Anyway I hope this helps someone else that is as frustrated as I was ....

Thanks!!
    05-10-09 04:08 AM
    Craishy Bob, you are my HERO!!!
    07-27-09 09:31 PM
    I can't figure out how to made the stupid ringer loud enough that I can hear it while the phone is in my pocket and I'm in the car with the windows down. I've downloaded the classic ringer that is suposed to be the loudest (BTW my fav ringer, been using it for years) and nada. Also My alarm is not worth a damn if it doesn't wake me up from a power nap. Someone please help. This is my first bb and I really think I'll get rid of it if I can't make it loud enough to hear, I hate leaving my phone on vibrate all the time. Also, can we change the repeat notifiction to something other than a LED blinking, an audible reminder would just make too much sense. TIA

07-27-09 09:44 PM
    i know this is an old thread but mp3gain was my salvation.... couldn't live without my song from the closing credits of Portals as a ringer
    07-27-09 10:23 PM
    I have a ringtone which is loud enough to hear in the noisiest places. I submitted it but they didn't put it up. Pm me and I'll be glad to email the mp3 to you for easy installation onto your card.
    07-28-09 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD