after Rim releases their version?
    07-12-08 08:51 PM
    There is no set time. It is at their discretion.
    07-12-08 09:14 PM
    Like crucial said, totally up to them, I would think not long though as I am sure they know people are itching for this upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 09:43 PM
    Still waiting!!!
    07-12-08 09:55 PM
    That's like asking how long it takes for verizon to come out with a new phone; who knows.

07-12-08 09:59 PM
    can't you just load it yourself?
    07-12-08 10:10 PM
    Whatever you load at this point will be an unofficial
    Beta, and you should do so ONLY at your risk

Do not ask where to find them - search
    07-12-08 10:18 PM
    ForrrrrrrrrrrEvvvvvvvvvvvvOrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ForrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEvvvvvvvOrrrrrrrr
    07-12-08 11:08 PM
    I am rather new to blackberry, does att/tmobile curves have different os's or is there some different OS swimming around that isn't fully completed that the carriers haven't gotten yet?

People have been telling me to get a curve and then upgrade the OS so is there a better OS available then whats given in stores.

Trying to fully understand
    07-12-08 11:34 PM
    That's like asking how long it takes for verizon to come out with a new phone; who knows.

Ha i heard from a Verizon rep today that they signed an exclusive deal for the thunder and will not be getting the Bold.

Could be hype but I am not changing providers anyways.
    07-12-08 11:39 PM
    I am rather new to blackberry, does att/tmobile curves have different os's or is there some different OS swimming around that isn't fully completed that the carriers haven't gotten yet?

People have been telling me to get a curve and then upgrade the OS so is there a better OS available then whats given in stores.

Trying to fully understand

att is at os 4.5.x.xxx
    t mobile is at os 4.2.2.180

theres betas out but normally the dont work perfectly from what i understand

t mo is really laggy on the releases of new OS's
    07-12-08 11:40 PM
    thats upsetting, I have tmobile and as much as I want the bold, and I do, I am not going to go to ATT, its service is spotty here, if anything happens to a phone i hafta drive 20 min north to a repair center to file about it.

I like the t-mobile plans, cheap, effective, and i need email and calender pushes, so edge will work fine.

But it is disheartening to learn they lag behind on OS's, because you'd figure since they trail ATT, verizon, they would capitalize on other venues...like how they are number one in customer support.

I woulda assumed they woulda been on top of this, to get a competitive edge elsewhere...but the plans are cheaper, and the reception here plus wifi is great, I can't complain and won't when I eventually get it.

Just realized I am complaining about a phone I have yet to upgrade too...the curve lol...plan on the curve, and then the bold or javelin....but I want the best/current OS for performance...call me crazy lol
    07-12-08 11:55 PM
    They have to test it out on their network and work out all the bugs (at least the major ones) and then they decide at what time they are going to release it.
    07-12-08 11:55 PM
    att is at os 4.5.x.xxx
    t mobile is at os 4.2.2.180

theres betas out but normally the dont work perfectly from what i understand

t mo is really laggy on the releases of new OS's
    The last OFFICIAL release for AT&T is 4.2.2.170, the 4.5 you
    are referring to is in fact a Beta release
    07-13-08 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD