I guess I'm OCD, because I have a hard time deleting any of them, though I eventually do, and have it set to delete automatically after 30 days. No matter how trivial a message may seem, I somehow convince myself that I *might* need it later. Anyone else have this...uh, problem?
    12-02-08 02:22 AM
    I do. I'm set to 30 days as well and I'm not sure if I've really looked at anything over a day old. But you never know!
    12-02-08 02:38 AM
    Remind me how to change the duration? I do the same but you've given me a wake up call so I'm changing to 7 days. I get about 40 emails a day so it's making BB fat...
    12-02-08 02:59 AM
    Yeah, I'd like to know how to change the settings too. I usually manually delete my SMS's almost every day, maybe every other. E-mails are almost always deleted off the handheld immediately unless it's something I need on there.
    12-02-08 03:04 AM
    In the message list go to Options then General Options. You can change how long to keep you messages there.
    12-02-08 03:19 AM
    Email - I delete all from the phone once it is read. If it truly
    important I will leave it on my desktop.

SMS - delete immediately after reading. I have never understood
    why anyone saves text messages. I cannot for the life of me
    comprehend why anyone does. Spare me the sentimental value
    BS. Unless you are a 12 year old girl I suspect there is nothing
    in any text message worth saving.
    12-02-08 03:27 AM
    I used to keep SMS's and e-mails for about 14 days but now unless I need to keep them I delete them once replied to. If I have an e-mail I think I may need then I forward it to one of the accounts that Outlook picks up on for archiving
    12-02-08 03:49 AM
    Email - I delete all from the phone once it is read. If it truly
    important I will leave it on my desktop.

SMS - delete immediately after reading. I have never understood
    why anyone saves text messages. I cannot for the life of me
    comprehend why anyone does. Spare me the sentimental value
    BS. Unless you are a 12 year old girl I suspect there is nothing
    in any text message worth saving.
    Who said anything about sentimental value? I believe the term was ocd. Maybe some people have compelling reasons, unknown to you, why they might want or need to save texts, and still not be a 12 year old girl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by LuvMyBB; 12-02-08 at 04:12 AM.
    12-02-08 04:06 AM
    Who said anything about sentimental value? I believe the term was ocd. Maybe some people have compelling reasons, unknown to you, why they might want ot need to save texts.
    Oh, well please forgive me. I completely missed the part where you mentioned
    a made up disorder created by psuedo-scientists. But you did state they are
    trivial, and if they are trivial, I would suggest instead of creating
    a ridiculous thread on the subject you just do what every other sane and
    rational (read: non OCD person) does and just delete them. Or at least be
    sensible enough not to create a thread devoted to your, er, um, issue.
    12-02-08 04:20 AM
    I sometimes save my text because that is how I communicate with people..and just whn they forget about what they said to me in a text I just have it to forward It back.. Lol

12-02-08 04:54 AM
    I sometimes save my text because that is how I communicate with people..and just whn they forget about what they said to me in a text I just have it to forward It back.. Lol

Yeah, I do that too with some messages. Like if there's a date or a time involved and I don't feel like creating a calendar entry, I'll just keep the message.
    12-02-08 05:35 AM
    Who said anything about sentimental value? I believe the term was ocd. Maybe some people have compelling reasons, unknown to you, why they might want or need to save texts, and still not be a 12 year old girl?

Wow. Can someone ask...
    I recently changed my setting to hold messages (SMS) for two months. I keep them so that I know what was said and who I said it to. Emails are deleted as soon as I'm finished reading them plus there's usually a copy in the default mailbox.
    I may be wrong but wasn't one of the purposes behind gmail was so you could keep email and messages as long as you wanted them.

12-02-08 07:16 AM
    Delete. Delete. Delete. I save until I reply. Keep the bb clean.
    12-02-08 07:19 AM
    I'm with AG on this one. Save emails on the server or PC.
    Delete SMS after reading. I prefer to keep my available memory high.

12-02-08 10:10 AM
    I'm with AG on this one. Save emails on the server or PC.
    Delete SMS after reading. I prefer to keep my available memory high.

I'm with you guys...
    12-02-08 10:16 AM
    I have my phone delete messages after 15 days. I see no need to keep them any longer.

12-02-08 10:30 AM
    I clean out my texts end of the day, emails, I delete em as they come in, like AG, if I want to keep them, they are on my laptop.
    12-02-08 10:34 AM
    Oh, well please forgive me. I completely missed the part where you mentioned
    a made up disorder created by psuedo-scientists. But you did state they are
    trivial, and if they are trivial, I would suggest instead of creating
    a ridiculous thread on the subject you just do what every other sane and
    rational (read: non OCD person) does and just delete them. Or at least be
    sensible enough not to create a thread devoted to your, er, um, issue.
    OCD a made up disorder? Riiiight. Take a chill pill
    12-02-08 11:34 AM
    I guess we can't have a friendly, harmless, conversation about our messages without having the post critic join in and start casting dispersions and making negative comments. If you don't conform to ag's world view as it pertains to text messages, then apparently you are a 12 year old girl. Wow...what a sweeping generalization.

If this is a worthless thread, then why did you bother to respond in the first place, dink?

Your screen name fits you perfectly.

12-02-08 02:07 PM
    I guess we can't have a friendly, harmless, conversation about our messages without having the post critic join in and start casting dispersions
    The word you are struggling with here is aspersions

Nice try. The name means I am incredibly klutzy

I stand by my original sentiment.
    12-02-08 02:19 PM
    I guess we can't have a friendly, harmless, conversation about our messages without having the post critic join in and start casting dispersions and making negative comments. If you don't conform to ag's world view as it pertains to text messages, then apparently you are a 12 year old girl. Wow...what a sweeping generalization.

If this is a worthless thread, then why did you bother to respond in the first place, dink?

Ok, i have to disagree. This is a open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. You need to keep this is mind, not every response you get is one you will want to hear. As far as the post critic comment goes, read the first part of my reply again...
    12-02-08 02:30 PM
    The word you are struggling with here is aspersions

Nice try. The name means I am incredibly klutzy

I stand by my original sentiment.
    Yes...aspersions...thank you for the correction. And as I'm sure you already know, graceless can apply to one's social tact and diplomacy, or lack thereof.

I also stand by my comments. This was supposed to be just a fun little thread to talk about messaging. Too bad it took a turn for the worse.

Cheers!
    12-02-08 02:32 PM
    If you think this thread took a turn for the worse, stick around a little while longer. This is a very calm thread...
    12-02-08 02:36 PM
    Ok, i have to disagree. This is a open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. You need to keep this is mind, not every response you get is one you will want to hear. As far as the post critic comment goes, read the first part of my reply again...
    I have no problem with different opinions...that's why I started the original thread. But there's no reason these discussions have to be uncivil or insulting. Just because I do something differently than someone else does doesn't mean I have to be insulted.

I come here to have friendly, casual conversation with other people who really like BlackBerrys, to learn more about them, and to try and help others when I can. If I want to get insulted and called names for how I do something, I can go elsewhere.

Fortunately, most of the people on these forums are friendly, courteous, and helpful...which is what keeps me coming back.
    12-02-08 02:42 PM
    I agree with you, but this has happened to me before as well and you just gotta take it with a grain of salt...
    12-02-08 02:47 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD