After having my titanium 8310 in a case-mate smart skin for some time now, I've decided to change the layout a bit. I purchased a black/white gelaskins.com skin and to finish that off, purchased a black keyboard from cnn.cn

I watched some diassembly/reassembly vids on changing the 8310's shell awhile back, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Anyhow, I was wondering if it's possible to change out the keyboard without having to remove the whole shell?

Oh, and nice to be back on the CB forums, completely forgot about it and haven't signed on in a month or two.
    05-01-09 04:17 AM
    After having my titanium 8310 in a case-mate smart skin for some time now, I've decided to change the layout a bit. I purchased a black/white gelaskins.com skin and to finish that off, purchased a black keyboard from cnn.cn

I watched some diassembly/reassembly vids on changing the 8310's shell awhile back, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Anyhow, I was wondering if it's possible to change out the keyboard without having to remove the whole shell?

Oh, and nice to be back on the CB forums, completely forgot about it and haven't signed on in a month or two.
    To replace the keyboard you have to remove the housing. Heres a video for it:
    05-01-09 05:01 AM
    You will need a T5 and T6 Torx screwdriver, a case spreader tool (plastic) or a stiff guitar pick.

Be careful with the tiny T5 Torx screws, both loosening and tightening, they are very delicate and easy to break if too much torque is applied.

When taking off the bottom cover, take care not to gouge the antenna underneath.

Also, a lot of ppl have had problems with their headphone jack following a housing change, so take care around the headphone jack as well.

Take it slow and easy, don't force anything.
    05-01-09 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD