I am a total noob to blackberrys. i have downloaded remote desktop for mobiles. i just do not know how to get the jar file to work on my phone if any one can help or knows of a better program that would be great thanks.
    02-29-08 06:26 AM
    Use application loader / add from within Desktop Manager, and point to the said file...
    02-29-08 07:28 AM
    well that is what i tried to begin with and the desktop manager said that i could only use two different file type which are .a?? and .a?? i cannot remember right now so i decided to tell it all files and it did not like the .jar file. i am using destop manager 4.3 could that be part of the problem?
    02-29-08 07:56 AM
    use the media manager to put the .jar files on on your blackberry. then go into media on the blackberry and look for the .jar file and select and download it. not sure if there is another way but thats what i do.
    02-29-08 08:10 AM
    ok i guess i am going to need a walkthrough because i have used the media manager and i put the file in there but i can not find it once i get to teh phone to install it
    02-29-08 01:08 PM
    ^bump
    same problem with my curve.
    it just doesn't see it at all.
    03-16-08 09:31 PM
    From your phone, press menu, click on the Media icon. Then press menu and choose explore. Then navigate to where you put the file.
    03-16-08 09:43 PM
    That's the problem, it doesn't show up on the phone. It's like media manager doesn't transfer anything over unless it's actually a media file.
    03-17-08 12:09 AM
    Did you do a battery pull after transferring the file? Sometimes it doesn't show up/go away until you pull the battery.
    03-17-08 01:01 AM
    What about .jad files? Where do I direct Media manager to place them? THe is no games folder? And how do I execute or install it?
    03-17-08 01:04 AM
    Yes I have done a battery pull and nothing,,
    Also when I'm using the roxio transfer, there doesn't seem to be a transfer progress bar when I drag the jar/jad files into them, unlike an MP3 file.
    03-17-08 01:06 AM
    bump this. roxio doesn't add any files other than actual media, anybody else with this problem ?
    03-20-08 03:03 AM
    you may have to transfer the files without using roxio. Since you having problems transfering the files through roxio, try adding the files by placing ur BB in Mass Storage Mode and then create folder and place files in the newly created folder......see if that works.
    03-20-08 08:28 AM
    Good News:

Here's a simple rundown/walkthru of how to open/install a .JAR on your Blackberry:

(First, thanks to Sunkast for letting us know how to "explore" under the media icon, I was going crazy with this phone thinking I couldn't explore what was on the memory card or phone! [I used to have an HP Ipaq 6945 which was a bit more easier to navigate!]... I also just learned how to do this)

1. Download to .JAR to your PC
    2. Link your Blackberry to your PC via the USB cable
    3. Open "Computer" in the Start Menu
    4. Go to the folder/location on your PC where you stored the .JAR file
    5. Either copy or cut the file (In case there's any oopses, best to copy)
    6. In the Drive/Device list under the "Computer" screen find your Blackberry
    7. Paste the file either into the root of Blackberry or a subfolder, either will suffice.
    8. Unhook Blackberry from USB cable
    9. In the applications on your phone (or on home screen depending on Theme) scroll to the "Media" icon
    10. Click the "Media" icon to launch it
    11. Press the menu button and select "Explore"
    12. Locate the .JAR file either on the device memory or memory card (check both as the Blackberry seems to just sort of stick system memory and card memory together lol)
    13. Click the file, and it should prompt you to download (install)
    14. Click "Download" and you should be golden.

Now, the bad news:

I was trying to do this for Tibia MMORPG and even though the game installs (already tried the direct-phone install with browser and no dice either) don't think its code is compatible with the Blackberry as it has a startup error and won't load.
    06-05-08 09:04 AM
    Thanks For The Very Helpful Info mindphreak
    06-07-08 02:45 PM
    i dont look the option Download or Install !!

In my explorer appear the files .jar and .jad, but, doesnt show me the option download and not install too.. what i do?

sorry to my English, im brazilian and my English is very bad ^^

thanks for help ^^
    06-16-08 02:39 PM
    Ok I need some help. I am trying to install and I keep getting an error. 907 Invalid COD file not found.

Any advice, please
    Last edited by vlalra; 06-16-08 at 08:09 PM.
    06-16-08 05:15 PM
    mindphreak rules
    01-03-09 01:00 AM
    mmm i had the similar problem but it works just fine now after the first instruction... read carefully and slow down haha
    01-09-09 01:24 AM
    i tried that method and it says download failed each time......
    01-09-09 10:43 AM
    use the media manager to put the .jar files on on your blackberry. then go into media on the blackberry and look for the .jar file and select and download it. not sure if there is another way but thats what i do.
    I had never done this before, read the post, and i decided to use bbfilescout and/or file manager pro to "run" the .jar file. All it did was "unpack" the jar file basically like a zip file. I did not "download"=install the application.

Why is that? From a new users perspective, media player "explorer", bbfilescout, and file manager pro all present a nearly identical user interface and functionality, I thought. How is one to know that they have to use the built in RIM file explorer to execute .jar files without experiencing this themselves? I never would have imagined there would be a difference.

I guess i need to take an Intel approach at reading how-to-do-blackberries in these forums in that you need to "duplicate exactly" the instructions given.

Good post.
    04-14-09 11:12 PM
    Appreciate this information a lot.
    04-15-09 07:11 PM
    i tried that method and it says download failed each time......
    Mine did the same and the "more info" button lead to an error statement that read "error: file is too large to download to device"

Now that I see this may or may not be valid (can't see how-its only 1 large program and I have 14 Mb file free but it still failed-its called MobileMaths_V17 so maybe it's larger than I presume-anyone running this on an 8330?)

I will feed it in thru the DM to compare results and get back. Seemed too good to be true just drop a jar on the media card and click it but so does OTA and that works great! This should work even better since the file is already local!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 11:19 PM
    I can't get these kind of files of to install myself. I get the "907" error every time.
    04-16-09 06:47 PM
    Ok I called the vendor and I was trying to install the wrong version for my phn.
    The correct version for this bb is MobileMathsBB2 not ...Maths_V17 which is some larger mem phone. It's amazing what java can do in 32Mb mem. Try that Bill.

They directed me to the correct version for which there was no jad or jar option only the cod and alx so I was forced to use DM and still need to find a valid jar app for this phn to test this on. And it did install. So I think my phone did exactly what it was supposed to and it will work for me later.

Everything went as it should as in when I clicked it in the media player it did attempt to "download"=install but it didn't because it was the wrong version. I think It's all good on my phn.

Cheers and Kudos!
    04-17-09 02:47 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD