I have been getting lots and lots of PM's about this, so I decided that a sticky thread on this was needed.

This is for T-Mobile users with the Curve who are having trouble getting a browser on your device.

1) If you have the AT&T or Rogers operating system installed on your PC, go into the control panel and remove it.

2) Download and install the O2 operating system on your PC. It can be found here.

3) Find and delete the vendor.xml file. It will most likely be located at:
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8300-v4.2.2.67_P2.4.0.29

4) Open up your BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and plug in your Curve. It should recognize the OS you just installed and ask if you want to install it. There may also be a notice that the version you are trying to install is older than what you have, and it will ask if you want to continue. Say yes. Now while it installs this OS, be patient. It can take from 30-60 minutes. DO NOT unplug your device from the PC until everything has installed and the homescreen is back up and ready for you to use. If you do pull the plug while the hour glass is spinning, you will have screwed up your device, and it will be a nice paperweight until you can reload an OS on it.

5) Now you need to delete all service books on the device. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Press ALT+DEL and get rid of every service book.

6) With the device still on, pull the battery and do a hard reset. Leave battery out for about 30 seconds before putting it back in.

7) Once the device boots back up, go to Options > Advanced Options > Hort Routing Table, press the menu button (button left of the Pearl ball), and select Register Now.

8) From your PC, go to the T-mobile Website and login at My T-Mobile. From there scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to Setup BlackBerry Internet Email. Now when your BIS page pulls up, there will be a link on the left hand side of the page for Service Books, click on that. It will bring up another page with a box highlighted in that says Send Service Books. Click on that.

Now be patient, and wait for about 5-10 minutes. If all goes well, you will get your Browser, T-Zones, and Setup Internet Email icons on your Curve.

Now this is what I did for my Curve on T-Mobile and it worked perfectly for me. I can't guarantee the same results for everyone, but good luck!
    Last edited by kasperapd; 07-20-07 at 05:24 PM.
    06-21-07 09:43 AM
    Works GREAT. Thank you for the help
    06-21-07 01:47 PM
    thanks so much!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!! i was up all night trying to figure this out!! thanks so much! =)
    06-21-07 02:02 PM
    Glad it helped!
    06-21-07 03:31 PM
    i can't locate that vendor.xml file.. i've searched all my files and i can't seem to pull it up
    06-21-07 07:46 PM
    If you can't locate that file on your system, then I'm thinking you did not install the operating system on your PC. Once you install the OS, it should be right where I said it is.
    06-22-07 10:19 AM
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I finally got it! thanks for being patient and so so helpful!!! YAY
    06-22-07 07:56 PM
    Glad you got it working!
    06-22-07 10:20 PM
    Thanks a whole lot Kasper!
    06-23-07 03:33 PM
    No problem!
    06-23-07 10:43 PM
    i can't locate that vendor.xml file.. i've searched all my files and i can't seem to pull it up
    I have a few different blackberries, so I have a directory for each. I only had one vendor.xml file, and it was a few directories up. I used search to find it.

This process still worked for me, though I do have some bugs with themes and getting Opera to work.
    06-25-07 04:25 PM
    So I did what the OP said, and now I have my browser and emails and whatnot from tmo. Thanks! But now my settings icon has disappeared... and I can't figure out how to get it back...
    06-30-07 05:00 PM
    What settings icon are you referring to?
    07-01-07 05:43 PM
    Change your theme (options / themes) and see what happens. Also, turn off dial from home screen (press the send button / menu / options / dial from home screen / off). Now, from the 'home screen' press o (options) then themes. It sounds like you're using the theme that shows all the icons, and the settings one is missing...

So I did what the OP said, and now I have my browser and emails and whatnot from tmo. Thanks! But now my settings icon has disappeared... and I can't figure out how to get it back...
    07-01-07 09:33 PM
    What settings icon are you referring to?
    The icon on the home screen that gets you into settings.

Change your theme (options / themes) and see what happens. Also, turn off dial from home screen (press the send button / menu / options / dial from home screen / off). Now, from the 'home screen' press o (options) then themes. It sounds like you're using the theme that shows all the icons, and the settings one is missing...
    I'm using the AT&T theme, and turning off "Dial from Home Screen" and pressing "O" worked to get me into options, and when I changed themes the options icon was back showing on the main screen... but I prefer the AT&T theme, and when I switched back to the AT&T theme the settings icon was gone again... is there any way I can fix this?
    07-02-07 11:20 AM
    I guess you might want to look and double check that it's not "hidden"
    07-02-07 12:33 PM
    Like Kasperapd said, it must be hidden. From the main screen, press menu, and select 'show all'. Scroll and see if you can find it, then once you have it selected, press menu, and uncheck hide. Go back to menu, and uncheck show all...
    07-02-07 12:46 PM
    Nope, and that's the funny thing, because I thought that originally, but Settings by default cannot be hidden... at least it doesn't have the "hide" option on the menu in the other themes... and I've already tried to show all and looked, still nowhere to be found.
    07-02-07 01:15 PM
    That's very odd. There is another user having the same issue as you. I have no idea what would be causing it.
    07-02-07 05:44 PM
    I'm new to all this stuff, so please bear with me. I have not yet bought a Curve, but I am very anxious to do so. I don't want to to wait until the fall when supposedly the T-Mobile Curve is coming out. I'm a little hesitant to buy one now because I don't know if I will be able to get all the features to work even after I have done everything Kasper said, as far as the browser goes. I have read this string of posts and some people have had great luck with it, but I spoke with a woman at T-Mobile last night and she said that she went to this very website and did what Kasper has said to do, but that it didn't work on two different people's phones. I don't doubt you, Kasper. I doubt myself and my ability to get it "configured" and such.

So I guess my question is, after I were to get the Curve unlocked locally, and then after I do what Kasper has instructed as far as the T-Mobile browser, will everything else, as far as the functions, work on my Curve via T-Mobile? T-Mobile told me that they can't guarantee that the picture messaging, t-zones, and e-mail will work. I'm just afraid to invest $350 into a phone if it won't work.

Also, when they unlock the Curve, do they use a software or a code? Big thanks to anyone who can answer my questions!

Best,
    Shannon
    07-03-07 03:31 PM
    Everything works on my Curve. I have no problems at all with the browser, MMS, t-zones, or email. Just give it a shot, and if you run into a problem... we are here to help.
    07-03-07 09:29 PM
    Hi Kasper,

Your expertise and encouragement have persuaded me to go ahead and give it a try. I hope to buy a Curve before the end of the week. Thanks for your response. I am sure that you will be hearing from me again. LOL

Thank you,
    Shannon
    07-04-07 04:07 AM
    I wish you the best of luck!
    07-05-07 11:54 AM
    Me too! I had some initial problems with myinternet connection: however, your directions walked me through the process. Great directions.
    07-06-07 04:41 PM
    (Open up your BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and plug in your Curve. It should recognize the OS you just installed and ask if you want to install it.)It doesent recognize it for me how do I load it to my curve let me know thanks.
    07-11-07 02:08 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD