So let me start by saying I have been attempting to complete this task for about 3 hours now, and I finally give up. I'm not the smartest person out there, but I give it that good ol' college try. So I am putting my tail between my legs and doing what I should do, ASK FOR HELP. Can someone please tell me how to get video, movies transferred onto my BB Curve. I thank you in advance.
    10-15-07 11:41 PM
    Probably will want to purchase a microSD card to start so you don't fill up your device memory. Next, you can use the desktop manager software (media manager) that came with the BB to copy to the Videos folder on the media card.
    10-15-07 11:50 PM
    So let me start by saying I have been attempting to complete this task for about 3 hours now, and I finally give up. I'm not the smartest person out there, but I give it that good ol' college try. So I am putting my tail between my legs and doing what I should do, ASK FOR HELP. Can someone please tell me how to get video, movies transferred onto my BB Curve. I thank you in advance.
    Adding to what preuegl posted, you will need to convert your files to .avi format in order for you BB to read properly. I use Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies. It's a very simple program to use and it's free. Good luck!

For future reference, try doing a search on CB forums for subjects to any questions that you may have. It'll save you a lot of time.
    10-16-07 12:40 AM
    This is a very good place to start!
    10-16-07 03:08 AM
    When am transfering videos, pics etc I get a messaage from media manager to convert for optimal playback.
    Wht exactly is it doing? Is this better to do instead of not converting?
    I have mp4 videos on BB and so far it plays without any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-07 07:18 AM
    You dont need to go to any of these 3rd party apps I see them mentioning.

I have a 4Gb MicroSD. I have 2 700MB movies loaded and 1 150MB Episode of Heroes.

All I did was use the Roxio software that came with my blackberry. I dragged dropped, selected the option to convert for optimal playback and I was good to go.

No video lag, no off-sync sound, just crystal clear perfection.

Only downside of the roxio software is that it takes a while to convert and transfer the file, it's not your typical drag and drop usb 2.0 speeds so be prepared to wait.
    10-16-07 08:06 AM
    I second BBVC. I watched the entire first season of Heroes on my BB.
    10-16-07 08:56 AM
    I transferred a short 60KB video clip (AVI format) from my desktop to my Curve using Desktop Manager. The file now resides on my 2GB MiniSD card, however when I attempt to open it - I get a message that says "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED ATTEMPTING TO PLAY MEDIA".

Any ideas what is going wrong???
    10-18-07 12:46 PM
    I second BBVC. I watched the entire first season of Heroes on my BB.
    Me too, and now I am so dam* addicted to that show.
    10-18-07 01:25 PM
    I'm telling ya go download cinemaforge. You can encode any video to any format you want. Then just do a staright copy no convert and in minutes you have a high quality video on your bb. I have the challenges from top gear loaded on my card and it plays superbly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-07 01:31 PM
    i have a simular problem when i watch the movie it crashes and the phone will restart any idea's ?
    10-18-07 08:50 PM
    I transferred a short 60KB video clip (AVI format) from my desktop to my Curve using Desktop Manager. The file now resides on my 2GB MiniSD card, however when I attempt to open it - I get a message that says "AN ERROR HAS OCCURED ATTEMPTING TO PLAY MEDIA".

Any ideas what is going wrong???
    they prolly used a weird codec to encode the file that media manager doesnt understand.
    10-19-07 07:55 AM
    The video clip (AVI format) that I transfered to my Curve from DM was a video taken on my Canon SD700 digital camera.

Video plays fine on the camera itself, on my PC, however when I transfer it to my MicroSD and attempt to play on the Curve ---- it crashes.

Any ideas???
    10-24-07 08:24 AM
    blackberry videos have to follow the bb video encoding standards, if your taking an avi file from your camera and NOT encoding it to the approp format for your bb it will do many diff things, crash your BB, lag, be out of sync, so on so forth, you need to convert it properly, any of the previous methods shown will do the trick just fine, but pulling from your cam then going to your BB means nothing, could be a totally diff type of avi file...avi files are not all standard...avi files can have diff resolutions, diff codecs used to encode them so on...and the BB only supports a certain resolution as well..use of one of the listed options and try that, or avoid avi files all together and convert to 3gp..it's a simple process, but it is a process that needs to be done right..or it simply wont work....I have TONS of videos encoded for my BB and the ones that ever give me troubles are AVI files and MP4 files...3gp files go off with out a hitch..
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-24-07 at 08:59 AM.
    10-24-07 08:56 AM
    Hi,
    I am very new to blackberry also. I went to the videos4blackberry website on my pc and when i clicked to download it just started playing the video. When I went on my blackberry it said I was forbidden fron viewing the page, How do I actually download them onto my blackberry?
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by justicecay; 11-13-07 at 11:38 PM.
    11-13-07 11:10 PM
    I love videos4blackberry.info Its a great site. If its playing the video when you click on it. Try this, right click on the link and "select save target as" then select where you want to save the file. once finished, copy the file to your MicroSD card. Works on my 8300.
    11-14-07 03:38 PM
    Thank you so much that worked perfectly!! Thanks again!
    11-14-07 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD