Hello, I have a verizon 8330 curve phone came with version 4.5 of the Operating system. They removed the semitic font and the russian font support in this version. How can I get those files onto my Curve so that I can view websites with arabic/farsi text?? (some of us still need this!)
    Has anyone been able to do that? any help with details would be awesome!!
    thanks!
    05-05-09 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry OS software is packaged in several language versions.

The CDMA carriers, like Verizon, only service North America and provide the commonly used languages English, French, Spanish and Brazilian Portugueses.

The GSM carriers use international language packages for Europe or Asia.

05-05-09 10:21 AM
    I am not looking for OS, I'm looking for the font support so that my phone is in english, but when I receive emails in arabic, I should also be able to read those.
    any idea about that? With old version of th OS (4.3) this was part of the package. I guess not enough people used it so they remove it, but some of us still want it.
    05-05-09 11:57 AM
    I missed your comment about the old version working. That means there is a multi-language package your carrier supports.

The languages and fonts are part of the Operating System. They are installed and removed using BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Visit Verizon's software support site, you are looking for European Multi language support. Download that and install it on a Windows computer.

During the install process, select each of the languages you want installed.

05-05-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD