My mother closed her acct with verizon and now she wants to take files off the berry. Is there a way to do this? I mean I backed up with the desktop manager but that doesnt do what I want.

Please advise
    08-10-09 01:54 AM
    Are you wanting to restore it back to out of the box condition?
    08-10-09 01:56 AM
    My mother closed her acct with verizon and now she wants to take files off the berry. Is there a way to do this? I mean I backed up with the desktop manager but that doesnt do what I want.

Please advise
    To go along with what BlackandGray asked, what exactly are you trying to do? Do you want to just move files off the device i.e. media, docs, etc,? Are you looking to completely wipe the device to a 507 with nothing on the device? Restore back to factory settings?
    08-10-09 02:03 AM
    ABC, Amber Blackberry Converter will let you view and recover the memos in the backup file. However, I believe it costs $20, the last time I checked, and that was a while ago.

Roxio Media Manager in Desktop Manager should let you move the pics off of device memory in the BB.
    08-10-09 02:54 AM
    what? you can't access files on a deactivated berry? that's news to me.
    08-10-09 04:34 AM
    No I dont want to restore it. My mother has pics and memos and the phone numbers. And I just found out she never put a memory card in, so I was thinking if I put in a card can I transfer pics and memos/notes to it and then take it out and view them on the computer especially the notes/memos. My mother needs to be able to view them without the Blackberry.
    08-11-09 12:43 AM
    Try downloading a file manager and installing it on the phone (via USB). That might help. Good luck, yo.
    08-11-09 01:34 AM
    oh.

i just re-read the OP.

for the media files:
    a)get DM with Media Manager.
    b)put the BB in mass storage mode and connect via USB
    c)send via bluetooth.

for notes: sync to an app or.... type it out

NB: i use a mac, so pocket mac syncs my notes out whether the phone is active or not
    08-11-09 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD