I've had my 8320 a little over a month now and I have to charge it once a day because I don't think the phone would make it through to the next day. Is this common for most users? Just seems a little short. I even followed the recommended charging cycle when I first got the phone.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 12:12 AM
    Every night I shut the phone off and charge it, then I top it off
    throughout the day.

The really important thing is to not let the battery get very low. That is
    the worst thing you can do for the battery. There is no danger
    of overcharging it.
    12-27-08 12:15 AM
    Mine is on my charger every night. With that nightly charge, the Curve easily gets me through the day with fairly heavy use. That includes a total of about an hour on the phone, about 30 to 40 emails, countless SMS, IM and BBM messages, on and off the internet throughout the day, an hour and a half of MP3 music while I work out, at the same time, tracking my workout through the gymtechnik.com website, and finally, throw in several games of Brick Breaker and Sudoku throughout the day.

If I'm doing something data intensive, like using the Sprint Navigator or streaming Sprint TV, I be sure to have the Curve plugged in to the car charger or the USB connector.

So, yeah, charging the BB (or any smartphone for that matter) daily is pretty much the norm. You mention that you thought that only one day on a charge "seems a little short". What are you comparing that to? Other smartphones that you have owned? Or are you comparing to a regular "dumb" phone? If you are comparing to a dumb phone, there is no comparison. My old Sanyo 7050 was able to go 3 -4 days on a single charge with my usage....but my Curve is soooo much more than a dumb phone....I have no problem with having to remember to charge her up every night.
    12-27-08 12:52 AM
    I have to charge my Curve every night. I had a Palm Treo 700 wx and I would have to charge it about 2 times a day if I was on the phone for maybe 2 hours total!

It makes sense when it comes to the Curve because it is always sending and receiving data if you are using the E-mail Services. I'm constantly texting and using the e-mail features so thats why I can't complain.

Try adjusting the backlight, turning bluetooth off when not using and things like that yet? I know It sounds stupid because I'm sure you've already tried it, but sometimes I forget those kinds of things.
    12-27-08 01:09 AM
    ok so with my storm i hav to charge it all the time, but when i had my 8330 i never had to charge it. Mine would keep a charge for a week, with heavy usage i would have to charge it maybe 2 times a week
    12-27-08 01:19 AM
    I usually charge mine every 2 days. And I txt 24/7 soooo....with some incoming emails, etc. I dont really play games on it but I talk on the phone prolly between 2 - 3 hours per day sometimes 4 on certain days and it usually always gets me thru 2 days. I keep my bluetooth off and I have my automatic dimming activated. But I find if I let the batter get low before I charge it the charge lasts longer. Someone above said that its bad to let your battery get low? Can you explain why? I've had my batter jump from 80% to 60% for no apparent reason? I figured it was because i would always charge my phone every day when it was around 60%. I did some research and apparently the batteries become dependent on that constant charge? I dont know...all i know is that the curve's battery is the best battery I've experienced. Ive never had a smartphone before tho. Only LG's and Razr's
    12-27-08 01:22 AM
    I usually charge mine every 2 days. And I txt 24/7 soooo....with some incoming emails, etc. I dont really play games on it but I talk on the phone prolly between 2 - 3 hours per day sometimes 4 on certain days and it usually always gets me thru 2 days. I keep my bluetooth off and I have my automatic dimming activated. But I find if I let the batter get low before I charge it the charge lasts longer. Someone above said that its bad to let your battery get low? Can you explain why? I've had my batter jump from 80% to 60% for no apparent reason? I figured it was because i would always charge my phone every day when it was around 60%. I did some research and apparently the batteries become dependent on that constant charge? I dont know...all i know is that the curve's battery is the best battery I've experienced. Ive never had a smartphone before tho. Only LG's and Razr's

I hope this link will answer your question...

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/0...-battery-life/
    12-27-08 01:42 AM
    Smartphones used to drain battery much faster than a regular phone. I bought a charging pod. Phone sits in it whenever I make no any calls. So it ready to go all the time. Another option is to buy a bigger battery.
    12-27-08 01:50 AM
    I haven't had a landline in years, so my BB is my line to the world. I need it charged fully, always- won't let it go less than roughly half.

I have a charger in every room in my house, one in the office, USB's for every comp I own/use, car charger, and even added a 12v cig lighter adapter in the trunk of my GSXR. I can't go a full day on a single charge.
    12-27-08 02:20 AM
    I usually have to charge my Curve every other day. There will be some days when I use up a fully charged battery in 1 day and have to charge it every night, but this is rare. So other than that, every other night.

And I never turn it off, even when charging. Only because it's my only phone. I don't have a land line. So when I sleep I put it on "Phone only". This is the first phone I've had that is a beast being a 24/7 phone!
    12-27-08 02:23 AM
    Someone above said that its bad to let your battery get low? Can you explain why?
    http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...n-battery1.htm

Lithium-ion Battery Life and Death
    Lithium-ion battery packs are expensive, so if you want to make yours to last longer, here are some things to keep in mind:

* Lithium ion chemistry prefers partial discharge to deep discharge, so it's best to avoid taking the battery all the way down to zero. Since lithium-ion chemistry does not have a "memory", you do not harm the battery pack with a partial discharge. If the voltage of a lithium-ion cell drops below a certain level, it's ruined.

* Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years. It won't. Also, if you are buying a new battery pack, you want to make sure it really is new. If it has been sitting on a shelf in the store for a year, it won't last very long. Manufacturing dates are important.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-27-08 at 02:30 AM.
    12-27-08 02:27 AM
    Every night isn't bad. The Curve has an amazing battery life, however, and can go for 2 days without a charge, so you can get away with once every other night.
    12-27-08 02:40 AM
    I charge my Curve every night while I sleep. My phone is always on since I don't have a landline.

12-27-08 09:39 AM
    During the week, I usually only charge it while in the car. I have a half hour commute each way and that seems to keep me at 90% most of the time. On the weekend, I may plug it in to the laptop, if necessary. Depends on usage.
    12-27-08 09:44 AM
    I mine will last up to one day, but I'm a VERY heavy user. I stream internet radio, email, browse the web, and SMS a lot all day. As mentioned above, partial charges are the best and won't harm the battery. But you should avoid car chargers, since they are not regulated like home and USB chargers.

12-27-08 11:04 AM
    I charge each night but I also use Auto On/Off in the Options menu and I use AutoStandby which helps a lot.

Since I have had my 8900 I have been using the pouch with a magnet that came with it because I do not yet have a screen protector for the new phone and this seems to be helping too since the magnet puts the phone into holster mode Standby.
    12-27-08 11:10 AM
    I charge mine every night. As soon as I go to bed. I'm on mine all through out the day so I have to top it off at night. Sometimes I charge it doing the day as well.

12-27-08 11:15 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. Yes I was comparing the charge frequency to my previous Motorola L6 and V300. I will stop taking the phone down to low battery and charge whenever I can. I mainly use an outlet to charge. I don't have a landline so the phone is always on but I do turn off wifi. I think wifi does take a lot of juice.
    I'll just have to remember to take my charger when I'm off on trips!

Cheers.

12-27-08 11:15 AM
    I have always charged every phone I have owned every night. So I still do, but I think my blackberry battery would last a day and a half to two days, but why risk it.
    12-27-08 11:21 AM
    Every night here...
    12-27-08 11:43 AM
    AG is right. I also cut my berry off at night. I'm always topping off my battery charge- whether in the car, home, or at work. So, battery level is never really an issue for me and neither is overcharging.
    12-27-08 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD