I need urgent help! My Curve fll in the toliet today and it still works, but it does wierd things. Is there a way that it can be saved? How does the phone in rice thing work? I heard that's a good way to fix em. Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 11:45 AM
    I don't know about phones but i did fix an IPod that way, by putting it in rice.
    12-09-09 12:07 PM
    try the rice thing, seems to work for a ton of users here
    12-09-09 12:12 PM
    Stay away from Pork Fried Rice, though... it can make your trackpad slippery...
    12-09-09 12:13 PM
    first take the battery out as operating it will only make things worse -clear any remaining water out the best you can (do not use a blowdryer...that will only push moistuer further into the phone) - prepare to be without a phone for a min of 48 hrs. - place it in a ziplock or tupperware with uncooked rice and just leave it at least 24 hrs (48 if possible) the longer the better.

replace your battery and cross your fingers - this is not fool proof, but many ppl have gotten lucky in the past

note to self - no texting while using the potty!!
    12-09-09 12:23 PM
    yo man min got wet i didnt know and all of sudden all keys stoped working
    i took into the store they said it was water damaged the guy cleaned it and now it workd but some keys dont click right away

anyways to avoid perminte damage open it up and dry it with out air
    it the air that causes the which can happen in as little as few hours
    12-09-09 12:27 PM
    I had a friend that said the rice thing worked for them too..good luck!
    12-09-09 04:20 PM
    Yup what all others said try the rice thing. It probably wasn't good that you tried using it after it got wet though. I hope it works out for you though.
    12-09-09 04:50 PM
    Try the rice trick. Doesnt guarantee you wont have problems down the road. Toilets & bb"s dont play well together. lol
    12-10-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD