is there a big drop off between the curve and the storm i wanna get a bb but i am not a huge fan of touchscreens and would love the bold to come to verizon. but i might have to settle for the curve how fast is it i don't want to be stuck with old technology.
    11-11-08 08:05 PM
    The curve? Old technology? ummmmm... that is isntl.
    11-11-08 08:07 PM
    so what is the drop off going to be between the curve and the storm? as well as the curve and the "javelin" and the curve and the bold?
    11-11-08 08:10 PM
    To be honest, I dont even want a Bold or a Javelin, or even the Storm, not for me so I havnt even looked into all those specs compared to the curve.
    11-11-08 08:15 PM
    I'm keeping my curve when the storm comes out. I would like 1gb of on board on my curve like the storm has though...
    11-11-08 08:24 PM
    you guys still arent answering my question will there be a dropoff between the curve and the storm speed and capability wise?
    11-11-08 08:27 PM
    No. There will not be a big drop off. Will the Storm be faster? Probably a bit, but not enough to base your decision solely on that.
    11-11-08 08:32 PM
    Could be just me, but my Berry has been super fast on the browser lately. I wonder if it's cause Verizon will be releasing the Storm. Who knows...
    11-11-08 08:34 PM
    A drop-off?? Well if something new is coming out Im gunna bet it;s going to be faster than previous models.. Noticeable?? Doubt it.
    11-11-08 08:34 PM
    ok and then what about capability's will there be anything huge that the storm and bold can do that the curve cannot?
    11-11-08 08:35 PM
    Better camera, more on board memory, full html browser, have you compared specs yet? Just go to blackberry.com and compare.
    11-11-08 08:38 PM
    Im sure, if you research, most of us here has curves, so we wouldnt be able to give a better opinion..
    11-11-08 08:38 PM
    If you want other opinions, I suggest posting in another forum. This particular one is for Curves (and since you're comparing to the Bold), I'm sure you'll find other opinions on the Bold forum. As you can tell - us Curve lovers, LOVE our phones! :-)
    11-11-08 09:32 PM
    fast enough but not nearly as fast as my iphone..
    11-11-08 09:36 PM
    I've been pretty satisfied with my 8330 Curve from VZW. I went to an ATT store to check out the Bold. It's faster than the Curve. The image gallery loads faster and the applications screen loads faster. Many of the applications load about the same speed. The only way you could tell the Bold was faster is if you already own a Curve. I'm still getting compliments on my Curve.
    11-11-08 10:00 PM
    Fast enough? I have the curve 8330, and it's speed is just fine for me. It has all the features I'm looking for and more. Good luck on your new BB!
    11-12-08 06:08 AM
    Some factors affecting the speed of smartphones will be network speed (2G, 3G), processor speed, screen make up, flash ram vs. volatile ram. and OS design.

Any phone working on a 3G network will be faster than 2G if all other factors are the same. However, just like in an office LAN, network traffic speed will be affected by the number of users on the network.

I don't know the speed of the RIM processors, but I doubt you will notice any difference among models. It comes down to a "look and feel" issue. At some point, the hardware is faster than we can humanly notice or acknowledge. Therefore, any faster hardware won't make a difference in use.

Volatile Ram devices (if there are any in smartphones) will be faster than flash ram (although I have not looked at this in awhile so there may not be any real look and feel difference), because flash ram is essentially physically written to like a hard drive, whereas volatile ram merely needs to be refreshed. Of course if you lose power, you lose everything in ram.

It doesn't matter how fast your device or network is, if the screen hardware is slower, it will be the controlling factor. It's another look and feel issue.

Back in the good old days of of 486 and early pentium processors, processor speed actually meant something. Today, available RAM and graphics throughput are more important than processor speed.
    11-12-08 09:24 AM
    Depends how far you throw it!

Sorry for trivialising your dillema.
    11-12-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD