Hello

Our MD received a Curve 8310 as a trial. I am trying to set up the email on the handset, and need to get it sorted today. I have in front of me an email from rim.com giving two links: 'BlackBerry Enterprise Server Installation Resources" and a link to "pick up software and license keys". First link just gives me a bunch of error messages on this computer, and I downloaded the second link info and it installed Blackberry Manager 4:1 onto this computer - except it doesn't work because it takes forever to load and even then we don't seem to have a username or password for it.

Waiting for assistance for RIM, but I am confused, because the email we want to have on the handset is a personal email anyway, and not connected with the company Microsoft Server. Therefore, why would I need to install computer programmes? And if I do, would I not need to download them to the server computer rather than this random admin computer? Is it possible to just set up email directly on the handset?

Please help!

Thank you very much
    06-15-09 05:05 AM
    Push the blackberry botton next to the trackball. You will see a bunch of programs and folders. One of them should be an email setup one. Click on it and follow the steps. Very easy to set up personal emails

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 05:26 AM
    I would have thought it would be easy, but there is no "email set-up". There is "email", which takes me straight to an inbox with two welcome messages but not the actual email inbox. There is a "set-up wizard" but this has nothing about email anywhere, and there is a "mobile email settings". Clicked on this, and it asks if I want to set up a personal email. But entered the username and password (several times so not an error) and it says:

"We were unable to configure (email address). Choose one of the following options and select Next.

*I will provide the settings to add this email account
    *Re-enter email address and password"

If I try the first option, it was on about internet service providers and Outlook and stuff, and asks for usernames and all sorts. What can I do and why is it so complicated?!

Thanks!
    06-15-09 05:36 AM
    Although on second thoughts, its an orange email; fsmail.net. Could this be why?
    06-15-09 05:37 AM
    To use email you have to regsiter your PIN and IMEI with RIM. On a trial you prob cannot do this.
    06-15-09 08:04 AM
    You also must have BLACKBERY DATA PLAN in order to set up Personal Email on the device.
    06-15-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD