How do your sync outlook contacts (with their emails) using the ascii thing? I can actually sync with that one and not get a stupid error like if I were to use the microsoft outlook where I would get the outlook connector error, but when I do it this way all I get after the sync is that it just has the names synced. None of the emails shows up. How do I correct this.

I'm running the 4.5 os on bb, with 2007 outlook, 4.6 dm, and winxp sp3 if this helps
    09-22-08 08:15 PM
    What ASCII thing?
    09-22-08 08:33 PM
    The sync tool in Desktop Manager will be able to sync directly with Outlook 2007. You shouldn't need to sync as ASCII.
    09-22-08 08:36 PM
    The sync tool in Desktop Manager will be able to sync directly with Outlook 2007. You shouldn't need to sync as ASCII.
    if i could i would have
    i get the stupid outlook connector error when i try
    and i recieved no help here
    09-23-08 07:15 AM
    If you're using Outlook with maybe GroupWise as the email system then you could get that connector error. I did and that's why I use the ASCII sync for my contacts. Just know that it's only a one-way sync so you have to watch carefully which direction you're going when you sync.
    09-23-08 08:06 AM
    but i dont get the emails showing up after the sync, all that is there is the names
    09-23-08 07:46 PM
    I don't think it syncs email. No need to sync email when you can have the email account right on your BB.
    09-23-08 09:30 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't sync email on BIS.
    09-23-08 09:38 PM
    I don't think it syncs email. No need to sync email when you can have the email account right on your BB.
    need the emails for the contacts, i dont remember all the emails
    09-24-08 06:45 PM
    Desktop Manager can sync the contacts and calendar from Outlook to your BB, and vice versa.
    09-24-08 06:50 PM
    If I understand rightly, you are trying to use Desktop Manager to copy or sync emails between Outlook and your phone. This does not work. Desktop Manager does not sync emails at all.

Emails are delivered by the BIS connection established by your carrier and your defined email addresses. Only new emails are delivered in this manner. Past emails are stored in Outlook where they remain.

If you wish to have the sender email addresses on your phone then the best way is to go throught them manually and copy each address into Outlook Contacts. When you sync, these will be transeferred to your phone.

The only other way that I can think of is that you forward these emails to yourself and then they will be delivered by BIS to your phone.

ASCII syncing does not enter into this as long as you have Outlook.
    09-24-08 07:08 PM
    no i meant i cant sync my emails address that i have under contacts

and i cant sync the outlook contacts is what im trying to say and thats y i tried to use the ascii thing
    09-29-08 11:50 PM
    I think you're trying to sync your email addresses along with your contact info. If so then when you export using ASCII the first time it will create an Excel spreadsheet with about 43 fields. One of these fields is Email Address 1. This is where you'll find your common email addresses. Make sure you use this same spreadsheet format when you export from Outlook. You can map the fields in Desktop Manager or just move the data in Excel to the right columns. Just make sure you don't alter or delete the columns or it seems the BB has trouble understanding them. It's kind of a pain but once you've done it it will make much more sense.
    09-30-08 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD