Hi there,
    one other question I have which I hope someone can answer is how on Earth do I send picture messages. When I click the text messages icon, the icon itself says "text/media messages" and i think it therefore supports MMS pic texts.

However, if i click compose message, it only gives an option of "compose text message" and no "compose MMS message" and there is no option to attach a picture either.

If I recieve a pic message, it says "go to orange (or who ever) and this is you username and password to see the pics": in otherwords I have to log onto a computer to view them.

I have registered the device and my service book says WAP MMS Transport is enabled as is WAP Push Config.

Any help would be great.

I'm on Vodafone as the carrier with a Blackberry Curve 8310
    I read somewhere blackberry's cant do MMS which sounds a bit archaic but others have posted they can! So I'm so confused.

thanks

Ram (Leeds, UK)
    Last edited by leeds6lad; 10-28-07 at 04:08 PM.
    10-28-07 04:04 PM
    you have to go to the part where it says up and click the trackball it should give u a list where u can scroll down to my pictures

lets chat pin is 24267d61 im a newbie too just got mine friday we can learn together
    10-28-07 04:09 PM
    All newest BB support MMS...

Maybe you're missing MMS service book. Login to you're BIS and re-send service books. Also try to talk with Vodafone customer service if that donesn't work. Maybe they need to enable MMS service for you...

Also I know for sure that Pearl/Curve can't send/recive MMS unless you have BIS or BES service...
    10-28-07 04:33 PM
    Have just emailed my vodafone provider and will let u all know. How do I log into my BES or BIS service? Is that online or through my Blackberry. Sorry for sounding so dumb. But thanks for the advice so far
    R
    x
    10-28-07 09:01 PM
    Just a sidenote for you. I thought it was cool, take a pic with the Curve and send it by e-mail or MMS, but with T-Mo e-mail with pics attached count as an MMS charge and are not included in the unlimited BlackBerry e-mail monthly charge].

Here in the U.S. T-Mobile charges 15 cents [.15] per MMS sent or pic sent as an e-mail attachment.

I did not pay attention to this and one month I sent about 40 pictures to someone over the span of about two weeks. Saw the charges on the next month's bill.

Was not much money, but it's the principle with me, keeping my cell bill as low as possible.

Something to keep in mind when sending MMS or a pic as an attachment to e-mail. Your carrier may be different, but check it out.

As to how to use it, after taking a pic, pressing the menu key [dotted key to left of trackball] pops up a menu list that includes "send as MMS" and "send as e-mail."
    10-28-07 10:18 PM
    Have just emailed my vodafone provider and will let u all know. How do I log into my BES or BIS service? Is that online or through my Blackberry. Sorry for sounding so dumb. But thanks for the advice so far
    R
    x
    Do you have 24 hour support with Vodafone? Here in the U.S. on T-Mo we dial 611 on the Curve and that puts us through to tech support any time of the night or day.

If you have "611" give them a call. Lots faster than e-mail.
    10-28-07 10:22 PM

As to how to use it, after taking a pic, pressing the menu key [dotted key to left of trackball] pops up a menu list that includes "send as MMS" and "send as e-mail."

The thing is, this is the menu option I can't see on my phone Michael
    10-29-07 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD