Hello,

I tried to search and did not see how to do this.

I know the shortcut with the ALT and ESCAPE button to see what's open. But then you still have to guess which 5 buttons are supposed to stay on.

How do I just close all of the apps that are running instead of flipping through each one with the ATL/ESCAPE method?

Thanks
    04-23-08 10:25 AM
    There's no single button push to close all. Best thing is close them as you go - menu> exit.
    04-23-08 10:26 AM
    That's the only thing I dislike about this phone. Some apps if left open will kill the battery in a short amount of time... I guess I wil have to be more diligent with my apps...

Thanks
    04-23-08 10:39 AM
    A small inconvenience if you ask me. You should be aware of what your phone is doing anyway. Knowing what you have opened or closed.
    04-23-08 10:57 AM
    battery pull lol
    04-23-08 11:12 AM
    Yea, basically a battery pull, lol

There is 5 that are supposed to be open. Home Screen, Phone, Browser, Messages, Blackberry Messenger.
    04-23-08 11:31 AM
    If you have At&t, and your phone is in stock condition, you will have 6 at all time. The 5 listed above plus PTT.

Also note, that some third party apps add an icon to that list and can't be closed all the way either. The only ones I know of are MobiPocket Reader and Empower Email Viewer or BB Smart Email Viewer, but I am sure there are more.
    04-23-08 12:15 PM
    Is there a shortcut key to select the Close option on the menu? Or do you always need to scroll down to it to select it?
    05-22-08 09:37 AM
    In most cases, hit the "C" button, it should take you right to "Close".
    05-22-08 09:39 AM
    In most cases, hit the "C" button, it should take you right to "Close".
    Thanks. I tried the C button but it selected "Compose Email" first. But if I press it again, it selects the next option on the menu that starts with a C, and eventually makes it down to the Close button! Thanks for the help and inspiration there
    05-22-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD