When ever I try to sign on to AIM, it always tells me "Please Visit www .blackberry .com /aim to activate your handheld for AOL Instant Messenger" and when I do, it tells me to download it. I did download it and downloaded it like 5 times and the same message pops up. Please help, Thanks.
    12-28-08 03:53 PM
    Delete whatever AIM you have on your bb, then:

Click on this link on your blackberry to download AIM:

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ownloadServlet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 04:27 PM
    it keeps saying that its a "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error" what does that mean?
    12-29-08 11:58 AM
    Whoops. Not sure what happened. Go to: mobile.blackberry.com on your device and then to the link to download AIM.

See if this takes you there:

http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...aim20&CPID=MBC

12-29-08 01:23 PM
    Do you have an Aim account set up on your PC? The BlackBerry AIM app will only work if you do. I made this mistake a long time ago and had to set up an account on my PC.

12-29-08 01:45 PM
    it says "Data Service Unavailable." do i need a data plan? i dont have a data plan, can i make it use wi-fi?
    Last edited by LordKing65; 12-29-08 at 07:15 PM.
    12-29-08 06:50 PM
    yes you need a data plan...
    12-29-08 07:25 PM
    Are you a vzw user?
    If you are,
    I think you can use the Mobile IM program through vzw downloads and that will use text msging.

12-29-08 07:57 PM
    No internet = No AIM
    12-29-08 07:58 PM
    I just got the aim download from mobile.blackberry.com. ive been told that this runs off of my sms. i pay for unlimited texting, so it should be free right? but i they i hear that its using data, not sms. so, which is it?
    01-13-09 11:40 PM
    It uses Data afaik.
    01-14-09 12:31 AM
    Right, the AIM from mobile.blackberry.com uses DATA.

(The Mobile IM program downloaded from Verizon is the one that uses SMS).

01-14-09 05:58 AM
    i have the full data plan on my phone and i am getting the same "Please Visit www .blackberry .com /aim to activate your handheld for AOL Instant Messenger" i called custo serv and they said they would call me back and never did.. i did everything from del cookies and catche ummm tryed to go thru the site yall posted above....
    02-04-09 08:56 PM
    I've notice theres a back and forth thing going on several threads on whether aim on verizon's blackberrys are either SMS or data. Is there an official site that says aim is based on data bc on my phone it says only SMS and I really want to download it but i dont have an unlimited sms plan just a data one. Thanks
    02-18-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD