I just noticed this as an issue a few minutes ago. My brother just got a curve yesterday and someone sent him picture mail. Well in his message, the picture showed. Whereas whenever I receive picture mail, I have to click a link to go see the picture. On top of that, his friend is here and ALSO said that the picture shows up. I'd much rather get the picture than have to deal with a peskey link and slow BB browser. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 02:19 PM
    Do you both have Sprint? Also, what OS is your device running? And what of his? I believe Sprint PM is capable on 4.5+ OS devices
    06-18-09 02:27 PM
    Me and my brother both have sprint. Both of us are running 4.5.0.131. The only difference between ours is his is red, and mine is purple. Lol. I compared our message settings and all the same. However, he just got his preloaded with .131 and I actually upgraded my OS myself.

06-18-09 02:32 PM
    I have Sprint, running 4.5.0.131. I have to click on the link and view it in the browser.
    06-18-09 02:33 PM
    Try deleting all of your service books (except provisioning) and resending them from the website. BlackBerry Internet Service
    06-18-09 02:33 PM
    Can I do it OTA? Or will it require for me to use my DM? Because I'm actually not home at the moment. Also, what would change as far as settings, bookmarks, wallpaper, etc?

06-18-09 02:38 PM
    Nothing would change except any corrupt service books you have would be replaced with fresh ones. And it can be done from any PC whenever you get a chance. Otherwise you would have to use an alternate browser (opera, skyfire, bolt, etc) in order to access the page
    06-18-09 02:40 PM
    If you are using sprint you have to go through the link. When I asked sprint about this they said it was the way their bb are set up. They are trying to change it though. BB are the only phones on sprint that have to do this. I had an instinct for a while on sprint and the pic went right to the phone.

06-18-09 09:14 PM
    The reason that some people can directly view a picture mail in the message, and others have to click a link, on the SAME device running the SAME software, with the SAME carrier, is as follows :

The original batch of Sprint 8330 curves have an esn-based chipset (starting with 076)...These devices do not support incoming mms directly. Have to click a link.

There has been a new batch of 8330's that have an meid-based chipset (starting with 268....), and these will embed the picture directly, no link to have to click.
    09-07-09 07:33 PM
    The reason that some people can directly view a picture mail in the message, and others have to click a link, on the SAME device running the SAME software, with the SAME carrier, is as follows :

The original batch of Sprint 8330 curves have an esn-based chipset (starting with 076)...These devices do not support incoming mms directly. Have to click a link.

There has been a new batch of 8330's that have an meid-based chipset (starting with 268....), and these will embed the picture directly, no link to have to click.
    If I take my phone into sprint, can they change that "chip", or is there no fix to this?
    09-13-09 01:52 PM
    No. It's not a 'chip' that can be "changed out". They would have to fix it with an OS released and that hasn't been done yet.
    09-13-09 02:07 PM
    If I take my phone into sprint, can they change that "chip", or is there no fix to this?
    Your brother has the 8330m and you have the standard 8330. If you go into Options and under About, it will show you at the top. Just the way it is; no fix. Sorry!
    09-13-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD