Ok I have searched the forums for a while maybe im just dumb but I cant figure out how to update to 4.5, I want to make sure I do it right and the latest version.
    I have a tmobile 8320.
    06-23-08 03:19 PM
    you find the software, install it to your computer, delete the vendo xml file, run apploader..viola
    06-23-08 03:22 PM
    ok lol where can I find the latest one then? I think .44 is it right?
    06-23-08 03:24 PM
    It's a beta so you can't ask where to find it. Well you can ask but we aren't allowed to tell you where. Search the internet for it but not here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 03:25 PM
    Welcome to CB!!

As a beginner I would veer away from upgrading to a Beta OS... you can always wait for an official release.

Look in my sig for some really helpful info for beginners (and advanced users).

Specifically, for your question... check out stoners guide and only follow the first couple steps

You do not need to do the memory optimization portion... only the install.

The basic process is :

1) Backup Handheld with DM
    2) Wipe and reset handheld
    3) Download and install the desired OS (Remember to delete the vendor.xml file... see Stoner's guide again...)
    4) Optimize your install to save memory (this step is optional... might wanna try your second time around)
    5) Start Desktop Manager and Plug in Berry
    6) App Loader detects the changes, will prompt for an upgrade... confirm

7) Wait about 1 hour... when done run desktop manager and restore your device from the backup made in Step 1

You are good to go!
    06-23-08 03:30 PM
    You said you searched this site on how to install 4.5 OS. There are TONS of basic step by step instructions on how to do this. But i would follow what bmcclure937 is saying and wait til the OFFICIAL release is out.
    06-23-08 03:37 PM
    My advise is the same. Do not upgrade until you know a lot more about your phone.

The BlackBerry has a full blown multi-tasking Operating Ssystem and you should learn how to use it first.

I am a systems engineer and I tried an upgrade a month after I got my BlackBerry. What a mess! It took me 2 days to sort it out.

Anyway the beta OS is a). full of bugs and b). may invaidate your warranty c). has a lot of really neat features that all of us (you included by the sound of it) want.
    06-23-08 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD