I've got the calendar, contacts, etc sync'd but can't figure out how to sync email. I use Outlook. Thanks for the help!
    05-21-09 07:05 PM
    Not sure what you mean by sync but you can setup a BIS account and add your email to it and it will push the mail to your device. Sprint has a setup wizard to run through the process..not sure about att
    05-21-09 07:47 PM
    Sorry, I'm not very tech savvy. What I want to do is be able to read or delete an email on the laptop or the bb and it will show as read or deleted on the other device as well. Is that clearer?
    05-21-09 07:52 PM
    Do you have a data plan? If so it does that automatically. You need to go through the email setup in blackberry setup and it will send those emails to your bb. When you open an email (I think) it shows those as read. When you push delete it asks you on handheld or on both. Then it will delete the email from your computer as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BubbaJimbo; 05-21-09 at 08:11 PM.
    05-21-09 08:09 PM
    Email cannot be sync'd from the phone to outlook. The software is not desgined to this. Really if you think about it, there is no reason to. It should be coming to your device and email client.

You can run a back up - this back up just abaut everything on the device. This backup file cannot be vewied normally, but there is third party software that can used to view it.
    05-21-09 08:23 PM
    Do you have a data plan? If so it does that automatically. You need to go through the email setup in blackberry setup and it will send those emails to your bb. When you open an email (I think) it shows those as read. When you push delete it asks you on handheld or on both. Then it will delete the email from your computer as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've done the setup. But if I delete on the bb the email still shows on my laptop and vice versa. Same w/ emails that have been read.
    Email cannot be sync'd from the phone to outlook. The software is not desgined to this. Really if you think about it, there is no reason to. It should be coming to your device and email client.
    Seems pretty inefficient to me to have to delete in both places and to have to figure out whether I already read a message on my laptop when it appears on my bb (or vice versa)

Thanks for the help, everyone. I know the 2 used to sync at work but alas, I'm not at work anymore and I have a new bb. Was just trying to figure out how to set this up for myself . . .
    05-26-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    05-26-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD