Hello,

I just installed the official Verizon 4.5.077. After a couple of problems, I managed to restore all of my databases on my device. Now, I can't seem to sync my calendar amd contacts at all with DM and Outlook. I get a message on DM saying "No Application Configured for syncronization." I also have Pocket Informant on my device and it is not showing any calendar appointments at all (this after a full sync with the device calendar). My native device calendar does seem to show all of my appointments.

I was looking around my device and found that my default calendar is set to my Hotmail account, not my device. Further, there is no option allowing me to set my default calendar to the device.

I don't know if my inability to sync and the lack of calendar device option are related. I'm gradually finding out that maybe this upgrade was a HUGE mistake.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-04-08 10:11 AM
    Go to your calendar. Then hit the menu button. You should see "Select Calendar" listed. Make sure you have TWO listed there and select "Show all calendars" or just select the one you use.
    11-04-08 10:36 AM
    Go to your calendar. Then hit the menu button. You should see "Select Calendar" listed. Make sure you have TWO listed there and select "Show all calendars" or just select the one you use.
    I have the exact same problem? Any solutions to have my device calendar set as default again?
    06-04-09 07:45 PM
    You can go to options, advanced options, service books and delete the [email protected](cical). that's the calendar associated with your e-mail account.
    06-04-09 10:41 PM
    You can go to options, advanced options, service books and delete the [email protected](cical). that's the calendar associated with your e-mail account.
    I did that, but when I deleted my hotmail CICAL calendar the invite attendee options became grayed out (unavailable). When I go to options > advanced > default services > there are no longer any CICAL drop down menu items at all.

The invite attendee options only starts working again once service books are re-sent and hotmail CICAL is re-added. Any other suggestions?
    06-04-09 10:49 PM
    I recently had the same trouble and went to the Blackberry site. They provided the following instructions and when I reset my configurations and then reassigned my calendar and contacts back to Outlook, it seemed to work. Hope this helps!

In order to determine which Calendar service the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is synchronizing with, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a desktop computer.
    2. Click Start and select Run
    3. Type %temp% into the open Run field.
    4. Inside of the Temp Directory, there will be a file named synchronize.log. Open this file.
    5. Perform a search for service. You may see a log line similar to the following:

[30000] (11/12 09:41:40.061):{0x5F8} [SyncDBManager:etermineSyncDB] Device's default service for "Calendar" has been changed. From: service="", msscid="", sid="a4d946f6c8f83147". To: service="", msscid="", sid="bb6cf0f0be93d887".

The Calendar service that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software is currently synchronizing with is the service named in the To: service="" field above.

In order to reset the current Synchronization Configuration, perform the following steps:

1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software.
    2. Select Synchronize.
    3. Click on the Synchronization option under the Configure tab on the left side.
    4. Click on the Reset configuration button.

06-07-10 09:18 AM
    I use the calender on my phone with my google sync to update between my on line calender and my phone. I have 2 email addresses on my berry and a facebook, my problem is each email and facebook shows up on my calendar on my phone. So if I program in my phone calender "1100 Dr Apt" it is copied 3 times in my phone one for each email and one for FB, how do I fix this, or will any of the above work? Even if my calender app will open to one calender that is fine but even if I pick one calender once i close the app and open again I see all 3.
    06-15-10 01:55 AM
    ok ill just put it here rather than starting a new thread, i was deleting the emails in my service books to see if that fixes my calender issue above, well i deleted the wrong one i wanted to get rid of the cical one but i deleted the cmime one and now my email icon is gone and i cant get it back. i went into the service books and did an undelete but nothing, please help thanks.
    also a new calender popped up and started to sync now i also have a default calender.
    06-15-10 02:31 AM
    You can select your default calendar through Options/Advanced Options/Default Services. This is also where you set your default email service.
    06-15-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD