Hi, I have a TMobile Curve 8320 and while on vacation in the mountains this weekend I found I was unable to get a signal and the phone didnt automatically go into roam. I had an ATT phone that worked and would roam on the TMobile towers when it needed to. Tonight I found how to put my TMobile phone into roam manually and get on the ATT towers however, it says sos/emergency calls only. I was refreshed in the system and got my service books from TMobile but still nothing. I called again and the blackberry support guy said they must not have a roaming agreement in my area, which I think is bogus. Can anyone tell me if I have to do something special or change a setting? Is there a web site I can look at to see about roaming or agreements? From what I have read there is agreements between TMobile and ATT but nothing specific.
    04-22-08 12:54 AM
    i think in the "manage connections" icon at the bottom it has an option for the phone to automatically choose a network thats available
    04-22-08 01:47 AM
    I'll help you out bullfighter.

I don't know why T-mo cust care didn't help the first time, but first you must be set up with World-Class permissions on your account to be able to roam outside of the USA.

It's an account check we do based off payment history and tenure.

99% of the people I've talked to who needed it, got it put onto their account.

It's free of charge, call up Tmo customer care to have them add it for you.

EDIT: Overlooking your post made me realize you were referring to domestic, so go with flair's comment. 5:00 am HOORAY!!! maybe this will help out someone else, you never know.
    04-22-08 05:07 AM
    You can also go to T-Mobile and check out the coverage map they have (in store and online) to check if there is coverage in.

It's constantly changing as more agreements happen between all telcos.
    04-22-08 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD