My friend cracked the screen on her 8300. It is only on the outside screen, not the LCD. Is there any way to replace the screen and where would I find a replacement online? I'm not sure if the entire faceplate would have to be replaced or if it is just the screen.
    01-01-08 01:42 PM
    I would also like to find out if anyone knows if this is covered under the Blackberry warranty. Thanks.
    01-01-08 01:45 PM
    Can't answer the warranty question, but I had the same problem with a Curve I bought on eBay. I ended up buying a replacement outside screen (aka a "bezel") for $4 (plus S&H) which came with a plastic tool to help remove the old one. A little bit of work, but well worth it. Search for "BlackBerry Curve 8300 Glass LCD Screen Lens" on eBay and you'll probably find a couple of sellers. There is also a YouTube video showing how to do it.
    01-01-08 06:39 PM
    Mine isn't broke in any way, but the info is great to have, thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-08 08:00 AM
    Can't answer the warranty question, but I had the same problem with a Curve I bought on eBay. I ended up buying a replacement outside screen (aka a "bezel") for $4 (plus S&H) which came with a plastic tool to help remove the old one. A little bit of work, but well worth it. Search for "BlackBerry Curve 8300 Glass LCD Screen Lens" on eBay and you'll probably find a couple of sellers. There is also a YouTube video showing how to do it.
    Found one. Thanks for the info.
    01-02-08 02:36 PM
    For anyone else:

Check here:

HERE
    01-02-08 03:31 PM
    Just take your time when doing the replacement. The trickiest bit is getting the clip off (where the carrier logo is) at the bottom of the faceplate. Gently work your way around that the release the holding clips without breaking it. Once that is off, gently work your way around the edge of the faceplate to release the four clips holding it on. This is where a special removal tool or thin piece of plastic helps as you can use that to pry the clips free.
    01-02-08 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    01-02-08 04:41 PM
    I just replaced mine, the easiest way would be to remove the trackball by popping it out with a small screwdriver. And the LENS would easy pop off (its only held with sticky stuff) make sure you have a replacement lens and something sticky to replace it. That is the easy way...
    01-03-08 11:29 PM
    That's impressive in it's simplicity. I assume you meant the ring around the trackball, right? Were you able to pop it out without scratching it?

I'll have to keep this in mind if I have to do it again.
    01-04-08 02:58 PM
    That's impressive in it's simplicity. I assume you meant the ring around the trackball, right? Were you able to pop it out without scratching it?

I'll have to keep this in mind if I have to do it again.
    It can be done, without scratching, but you have to just be careful. I wasn't, the first time I removed the ring and got a scratch on it. Being a bit more careful, after the first time, I was able to remove the ring without scratching it any further.
    01-04-08 03:13 PM
    Yeah make sure you be careful. It is best to buy a lens that is adhesive I learned the hardway haha but it works
    01-04-08 05:27 PM
    nice info thanks
    06-16-08 01:15 PM
    are the above glass faceplate removal instructions for the 8330? I cracked my glass (plastic?) face plate and ordered one from cellular nationwide network- and am hoping it comes with instructions. can anyone add more details on how to get the old one off and new one on? Thanks a bunch- just saved myself $200+ by going to crackberry? (now I really have a crack(ed)berry......)
    07-06-08 10:22 AM
    I would also like to find out if anyone knows if this is covered under the Blackberry warranty. Thanks.
    you're joking, right? no warranty covers owner irresponsibility.

are the above glass faceplate removal instructions for the 8330? I cracked my glass (plastic?) face plate and ordered one from cellular nationwide network- and am hoping it comes with instructions. can anyone add more details on how to get the old one off and new one on? Thanks a bunch- just saved myself $200+ by going to crackberry? (now I really have a crack(ed)berry......)
    same directions, just differently shaped parts. as for taking it off, pull firmly but gently.

and no, it will not come with instructions. if you are unsure, take it to a repair tech.
    07-06-08 10:25 AM
    If I am just replacing the glass do I need to take apart the whole case, or as a prior post suggested remove the track ball and (gently) pry off the glass part of the facing?
    07-06-08 01:47 PM
    Yeah make sure you be careful. It is best to buy a lens that is adhesive I learned the hardway haha but it works
    Any suggestions on where I can get the adhesive? I have the screen already.
    07-07-08 04:14 PM
    A way that i got the screen off was i disassembled the whole thing and i used a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive around the lens and then it came right off! I then used a very very light amount of super glue to get it to stick again. and I saw some people talking about the trackball...I Used a #5 torx screwdriver to lift it up. Once I got the first clip off, the rest of them were very simple
    10-30-08 10:04 PM
    RepairsUniverse has all of the BlackBerry screen replacement lens you need with 100% guaranteed satisfaction. All replacement screen orders come with full instructions and tools to make replacing cracked and broken easy and return your BlackBerry to brand new working condition. We have replacement LCD screens for all BlackBerry models at RepairsUniverse .com
    12-20-09 01:37 PM

Way to bump a thread, with your very first post, that's been dead for 14 months, to hock your overpriced BlackBerry parts...

Jack
    12-20-09 07:07 PM
    These posts are two years old, but you all just saved me having to tell my hubby I broke my phone. I am pretty good at repairing things so many many many thanks!!
    02-01-10 04:28 PM
    that site is overpriced, use cnn.cn and no I have no financial interest whatsoever
    02-03-10 02:52 PM
    Just go to ebay. I paid $4.85 for a lens with free shipping!
    02-03-10 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD