My BB keeps shutting down when I'm on the phone or when I have certain applications running. I've already checked and found that the battery is not the problem.

I've read that one solution is to reinstall the operating system. I already have the most current OS installed. How to do I remove and then reinstall the OS?

I've found several sites with instructions on how to do this but some of them seem outdated. I"m just looking for a clear set up instructions on how to do this. Thanks!

11-09-09 03:06 PM
    How did you rule out the battery? Did you plug the BB into a charger and see if the problem goes away, or did you replace the battery with a new one?

You can also try taking your memory card out of your BB. If the rebooting/shutdowns stop, then you likely have a corrupted file/filesystem on the card. Move your contents of the card and reformat the card in the BB (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card) then move your files back in small groups and test till you have moved everything back to the card, or you find the file that is giving you problems.
    11-09-09 03:12 PM
    Look for some jl_cmder or crackutil threads on here. Good luck, hope this helps!
    11-12-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD