Yesterday I accidentally dropped my Curve and the trackball just popped out. All of the pieces came apart and I'm not sure how to reassemble it. Can anyone please help me? Thanks in advanced for any replies.
    07-03-08 09:45 PM
    If the pieces came apart I'd say it's
    just plain broken.

You can get a new one here
    07-03-08 09:51 PM
    There are several good posts on here that you can locate by searching for cleaning or replacing the trackball. It is easy to do and the posted steps are explicit. Welcome to CB, by the way!
    07-03-08 09:53 PM
    What you first need to do is remove the silver plastic ring around the trackball. What you'll need is a small screwdriver or something with a small tip. NOT A KNIFE, I repeat don't use a knife because it might damage the mechanism. I used a small phillips screwdriver.

Once off (there should be 3 prongs on the ring: left, right, bottom). Set it aside for later. You should see the trackball mechanism. To pop it out just face the Berry down and pop it out. It should just fall out easily with minimal force. Its held in by a magnet.

Now you have a clear opening to the insides (you should see the LED). Take a cotton swab with alcohol on in and clean the insides. MAKE SURE THE BERRY IS OFF!!! There you go now it should not stick.

If you want to change the color. Just take a marker. I used a sharpe and color the LED. THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY. I got mine blue. Pretty. Lol

Now if your crazy like me and want a white trackball here you go. This is where you need to be careful and very delicate. Take the trackball mechanism and look at it. You should see these black rollers that are on each corner (clean these too). To remove the trackball take off the metal ring on the top (CAREFULLY). Two halfs should separate and you should be able to remove the trackball. Now pop the trackball in vinegar and warm water and salt around half and half with a pinch of salt. Let it sit for at least an hour or two. NOTE: when you pop out the trackball the rollers might pop out too. Don't worry the can pop back in they are just tricky due to the fact its magnetic. So after you clean the trackball wash it with alcohol and pop it back in. Put the metal ring back on the right way (there are 2 ways) make sure the little holes on 2 of the sides of the metal ring are secure. The put the mechanism back inside the BlackBerry. Put the plastic ring back on and there you go good as new. Turn it on and enjoy!!!

You have to remove the trackball out of the mechanism if your going to put it in the vinegar solution. Due to the salt. It might rust the metal ring or worse.

If you have any questions or need help here is my pin.

pin:30185abd

Thanks and good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/quote]

Hope u find this helpful
    07-04-08 12:56 AM
    ^^ You may want to use proper quote formatting to 1) make your post more readable and 2) give proper credit to the OP. You ripped those directions directly off of the HowTo guide on removing and cleaning a trackball... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    07-13-08 05:51 PM
    ^^ You may want to use proper quote formatting to 1) make your post more readable and 2) give proper credit to the OP. You ripped those directions directly off of the HowTo guide on removing and cleaning a trackball... http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

How bout you pound sand you ignorant mental dwarf? How do you know what my intentions were or weren't? This forum is to pass along helpful information......and pass along is what I did and continue to do.........perhaps your helmet is a bit too tight..........ask your aide for help............so just to twist your little sense of self-righteousness........I will continue to do so at will without regard for your opinions...........YOU are the poster child for birth control...............
    07-13-08 06:55 PM
    Wow let's all calm down...wooosahhh

Seriously there isn't any reason to get all personal and agitated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 09:24 PM
    i've searched as much as I can and I can't get the thing back together either. I have a new trackball on the way, but I want this phone to be in working order...say..now?

I just can't figure out how to properly reassemble this
    07-18-08 09:37 PM
    Wow let's all calm down...wooosahhh

Seriously there isn't any reason to get all personal and agitated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, the man is trying to get his balls back in place. Smile.
    07-19-08 07:52 AM
    wow is all i can say. but i think i know you, or someone exactly like you. and if its you, its about time you got a berry!!
    07-19-08 08:19 AM
    I was just passing along info..........but if BM (bowel movement) wants to make a run at me........I am on...........come hard or don't come at all............

Hopefully the OP's issue was resolved (no thanks to the thought police wannabe).........
    07-19-08 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD