Hey gang,

I'm selling my Verizon Curve 8330 and am curious what the best way is to prep it for selling? I want to wipe it clean of all of my information and want to be sure it's ready to go for the buyer.
    Can you help? Karma points to you if you can. Sorry, it's Christmas, all I have are karma points to give out.
    12-20-09 08:59 PM
    On my BOLD... you go to Options.. Security Options.... Security wipe. Or you would use BBSAK and wipe and reinstall OS.
    12-20-09 09:05 PM
    Thanks, Joe. How many karma points do you need? hehe
    12-20-09 09:08 PM
    Also Remove the device from your bis site so the buyer can set it up. You can also wipe your number but not sure of the procedure on verizon..
    12-20-09 09:57 PM
    Also Remove the device from your bis site so the buyer can set it up.
    PT, how do I do this? Thanks!
    12-20-09 09:58 PM
    Are you getting another berry? There should be a selection to change pin... if you are not getting a berry I believe you can delete the pin without calling verizon..
    12-20-09 10:02 PM
    Nope, I ditched Verizon. Can't see paying $100/mo when I can go to a different carrier and pay $65/mo for the same features (but in a Droid phone).
    How do I delete the pin? Sorry, I've only been using the BB for 3 months or so.
    12-20-09 10:04 PM
    If you have a Media Card in the 8330, be sure you reformat it if you are selling it, or remove it if you plan to keep it. I'm sorry, I don't know how to release a pin without calling customer service if you are not switching to another BlackBerry.
    12-20-09 10:08 PM
    Jeff is probably right, on the sprint site it gives you an option to change devices... not sure if you remove the pin or put in zeros for your new pin will work. If you did not setup an email account you don't have one to delete. It is not a big deal the new user will have to call to get it released.
    12-20-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks Jeff and Tom. I'll miss this great community. This place offers a HUGE value add for BB users!
    12-20-09 10:24 PM
    You don't have to leave. There's an Android forum here. I won't be able to help you there, since I don't have any Android knowledge, but there are people there who can. And you can become an Android expert yourself! Hope it works out good for you. You're welcome back here anytime.
    12-20-09 10:28 PM
    SWEET! I totally forgot that I had seen that forum before when scrolling through other forums. Thanks, Jeff!
    12-20-09 10:29 PM
    good luck with the droid and let us know how it turns out!!am getting a droid for the wife...she wont use a bb...i know,i know...she has a friend that is a dro ** and not a crackberry fiend like moi!!the girls still stick together i guess,lol

ps the comments used are but an opinion of myself and no droids were harmed in the making of this replywell, just one...
    12-21-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD