I am Argentinian, so I constantly text in Spanish. However, papa is not the same as pap� (potato vs papa) and ano IS NOT the same as a�o.

I am really curious how I can get the � � � � � and �.

I tried to change the input mode to Espa�ol when I was texting, but that didn't allow me to add the tildes.

Any help is appreciated.

-Boli
    01-03-09 07:48 AM
    I am not aware of a way to add those characters while texting, as I believe the SMS technology does not support special characters. For email, you can try holding the letter while scrolling the trackball right or left -- ������� (these all created on my Berry).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 08:09 AM
    I dont know but when you find out I would also like to know...And there is a thread for those of us that speak spanish here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/hablas-espa-ol-123931/

I am terribly disapointed nobody is proud to speak their native language if it is spanish... Los latinos me decepcionan. Y me imagino que hay aqui tambien espa�oles etc de habla hispana
    01-03-09 08:09 AM
    To enter multinational characters press the base keyboard letter "o e u i n" etc. Hold the key down and move the trackball left or right. Multiple charaters or symbols will be displayed as you scroll the trackball. When you see the one you want release the key.

This trick works on almost all keys. Oddly, there is no us Cent � symbol.
    01-03-09 08:22 AM
    I am not aware of a way to add those characters while texting, as I believe the SMS technology does not support special characters. For email, you can try holding the letter while scrolling the trackball right or left -- ������� (these all created on my Berry).

That did it. I can do it in my sms, too.
    01-03-09 08:22 AM
    That did it. I can do it in my sms, too.
    Great! When I tried it in my SMS it just changed the letters from lower case to caps and I really thought it was a limitation of SMS technology. You've taught me two things: 1) apparently not an SMS limitation and 2) there must be a device configuration that allows it.

01-03-09 08:35 AM
    Great! When I tried it in my SMS it just changed the letters from lower case to caps and I really thought it was a limitation of SMS technology. You've taught me two things: 1) apparently not an SMS limitation and 2) there must be a device configuration that allows it.

Well, I still can't change the letters on an sms message! everything else i can minus sms
    01-28-09 09:23 PM
    So the " � " characters for the 9530 Storm work everywhere else but SMS?
    02-09-09 01:07 PM
    All you have to do is hold the vowel or consonant, then move the Trackball while holding it down until you find the right one. This works for MMS, SMS, E-Mail, Memo Pad, or any other texting application (contrary to what others were saying). I am hispanic and often utilize this feature myself

However, it looks like some are saying you can't on the Storm... but I believe this is the Curve 83xx forum.

02-09-09 06:22 PM
    You have to have french and/or spanish language support installed for that to work in texts, I believe

02-09-09 06:44 PM
    Options>SMS Text>Message Options>Make The Data Coding Latin & This Should Solve The � In SMS =)
    03-10-10 05:38 PM
    To enter multinational characters press the base keyboard letter "o e u i n" etc. Hold the key down and move the trackball left or right. Multiple charaters or symbols will be displayed as you scroll the trackball. When you see the one you want release the key.

This trick works on almost all keys. Oddly, there is no us Cent � symbol.
    Very cool! I am from Panama and have been looking for this forever. Thanks
    02-29-12 09:40 AM
    Hey, I just stumbled upon your response to the Argentine BB user with regards to typing Spanish characters. I needed to do this same thing and sure enough, if I hold the letter down I'm able to scroll between the various langauge letters and accent marks. Thanks!!
    05-18-13 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD