Hi!! Hope someone can help. I'm a newbie with a new Curve 8310, and want to know how can I make it dial voice mail using Voice Activated Dialing. I've already tried 'Voice Mail', Voice', and '1' commands with no success. Also no success searching thru other threads for the answer.

Thanks,

Unkleobob
    09-04-08 11:04 AM
    You would have to put your own number in your address book and call it Voicemail in order for it to work. Its not built in unfortunately.
    09-04-08 11:08 AM
    You can probably create a contact entry titled "voice mail" (good idea to use two words, since VAD will work better). Enter the phone number for voice mail (you should be able to get this from customer service).
    09-04-08 11:09 AM
    You can also go into your phone and press your BB Menu button and choose options. Go to voicemail and type in your password there in the field and save the options. Doing so puts in your password automatically when you press your speed dial button to call your voicemail. Its a nice feature to use.
    09-04-08 11:11 AM
    Thanks - good ideas - a couple of points:
    - My SIM card was moved from my old phone - a Motorola RAZR
    - My voice mail is already set to Speed dial '1' and when i went to the menu options the password field is blank - is it blank because there is none or it's just hidden?

Thanks again,
    Unklebob
    09-04-08 11:27 AM
    why would you want to do this? Voice mail is default speed dial one. One button push. VAD is one push as well but then you have to speak, wait for conformation, wait some more? you can also edit voice mail number to add a pause and your pass code. seems alot harder to set up with VAD? Just my 2�
    09-04-08 11:49 AM
    It worked for me. I just added an entry to my address book called "Voice Mail". Then I just pressed voice commands and said Call Voice Mail. The response was, "Did you say Voice Mail?", to which I answered YES. Then it dialed it and said, "you have no new messages". Then it gave me some other options.

That's not too bad.
    09-04-08 12:37 PM
    I was wondering if this is possible. Regardless it's not going to be hands free so it defeats the purpose of VAD. Still have to pick up the phone and delete/replay/skip messages or whatever.
    09-04-08 12:39 PM
    Here is why I'd prefer to have the option to Voice Activate it:

- I have a bluetooth earpiece i use a lot - especially when driving - so if i get a voice mail while driving all i have to do is hit the pre-programmed VAD button on the side of the phone (I can get to it just by 'feeling' my way to it) - say 'voice mail' in my bluetooth and listen instead of fishing for the '1' button - that way i dont have to take my eyes off the road

(Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I do not not read, watch TV, type, text message, surf the net, put makeup on etc. while i'm driving!!!!)
    09-04-08 12:43 PM
    To dud3r - in my voice mail system - if I just hang up with out responding to those options it marks the message I just listened to as skipped - then I revisit it later when I can
    09-04-08 12:47 PM
    Wow!!! With everyone of my phones I ever had all I ever had to do was push and hold the 1 key. It automatically dials voicemail.
    On the curve you know its the second button top left. The W button.
    Have fun crackberring!!
    =8')
    09-04-08 01:02 PM
    Thanks - good ideas - a couple of points:
    - My SIM card was moved from my old phone - a Motorola RAZR
    - My voice mail is already set to Speed dial '1' and when i went to the menu options the password field is blank - is it blank because there is none or it's just hidden?

Thanks again,
    Unklebob
    Its not hidden, its blank because you have to enter your PIN/Password to access your VM in there. Once you do that and you save the options, you can press/hold 1 to speed dial your VM and you'll hear your password get put in automatically.
    09-04-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD