I don't use this function much at all but it keeps getting locked in my pocket and I just figured out how to get it unlocked.

What are the keys strokes to lock it?
    10-05-08 08:30 PM
    1) There is an icon (Keyboard Lock) that will lock it.

2) You can set one of the convenience keys to lock it

3) If you turn off Dial From Home Screen, you could simply
    press the letter K to lock it.
    10-05-08 08:34 PM
    DUH, thanks for making me feel dumber than I thought I would!!!!!!
    10-05-08 08:50 PM
    DUH, thanks for making me feel dumber than I thought I would!!!!!!
    Stop it Sometimes the obvious gets past me too (well actually often)
    10-05-08 09:09 PM
    It's not really a dumb question. It's a shame RIM didn't make this feature available on all the phones right out of the box.

On the Pearl for instance you can hold down the * for like 2 seconds and it locks the phone----but not on the curve (though I'm told that changes with the updated OS)

There's also a button on the Pearl to put the phone into silent/vibrate mode without having to select it on screen---not on the Curve.

I actually miss that button.
    10-05-08 09:17 PM
    ...If you turn off Dial From Home Screen, you could simply press the letter K to lock it.
    I have Dial From Home Screen set to No, but when I press "K" I get prompted to assign a speed dial to "K". What am I missing?
    10-05-08 10:11 PM
    I lock mine by holding the mute button located on top of my 8330 for 2 seconds (standby mode). I press it again to unlock.
    10-05-08 10:29 PM
    I have Dial From Home Screen set to No, but when I press "K" I get prompted to assign a speed dial to "K". What am I missing?
    I'm not sure on this one. I vaguely remember that there was a place to look
    and see what your keys were set for. I can't seem to find it right now.
    10-05-08 10:38 PM
    I'm not sure on this one. I vaguely remember that there was a place to look and see what your keys were set for. I can't seem to find it right now.
    Figured it out. Press and release the key, you get the shortcut function. Press and hold the key, you get the speed dial list. It's the simple things that confound us...
    10-07-08 09:02 AM
    I lock mine by holding the mute button located on top of my 8330 for 2 seconds (standby mode). I press it again to unlock.
    This is really the best sulution! If you simply do this before it goes into the pocket the berry will still get and receive but it won't make any bxxt calls! I love it - but I [I]do not[/I] put my phone in the pocket. Too many other things need to go there without damaging my phone there, too.
    10-07-08 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD