How do I keep others from viewing my number on specific calls when I don't want my number to show on their phone?
    09-15-08 07:48 AM
    Click on your call log, then the menu button.. then general options, you will see Show My Number... change that too No
    09-15-08 08:01 AM
    Click on your call log, then the menu button.. then general options, you will see Show My Number... change that too No
    Show My Number is the setting to display your number in your call log. The setting you're looking for is "Restrict My Identity", also in General Options.
    09-15-08 08:27 AM
    ohh thanks for the heads up
    09-15-08 08:29 AM
    Show My Number is the setting to display your number in your call log. The setting you're looking for is "Restrict My Identity", also in General Options.
    True, but this affects all calls (until you change it back again). To block your number from being displayed on specific calls you make, you should prefix the number with *67. This works on Verizon. If it doesn't work on your carrier, there should be a similar prefix that does.
    09-15-08 09:30 AM
    restricting your identity may sometimes be network dependent. meaning some networks might require you to show your number regardless of th setting u have on your bb. in order for it not to show, your network may require you to pay an extra charge. just a note.
    09-15-08 11:16 AM
    if you dial *67 befor the phone number you are trying to call, It should block your number.

I use it all the time to block my number, and it hasn't failed me yet.

Try it with someone you know just to make sure it works.
    It will save you all the hassle of having to change the settings on your phone everytime you wanna block your number.
    Last edited by spiderwebber87; 09-15-08 at 11:41 AM.
    09-15-08 11:28 AM
    if you dial *67 befor the phone number you are trying to call, It should block your number.

I use it all the time to block my number all the time and it hasn't failed me yet.
    thats the best way i know...
    09-15-08 11:34 AM
    If you have Verizon you can also log into your My Verizon account and go to My Services > My Plan > Add or Remove Features. If you scrolls down you'll see the option to block caller ID.

Beware, however, that a lot of people don't like to answer calls from a private number as this usually means a prank call.
    09-15-08 12:37 PM
    If you have Verizon you can also log into your My Verizon account and go to My Services > My Plan > Add or Remove Features. If you scrolls down you'll see the option to block caller ID.

Beware, however, that a lot of people don't like to answer calls from a private number as this usually means a prank call.
    I'm going to call Verizon to see how that works. Thanks wild style.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-08 12:47 PM
    Just called Verizon, that feature is FREE but you will have to dial *82 for people you want to see your number.

09-15-08 12:57 PM

Or a bill collector!! LOL

09-15-08 12:58 PM
    Ah good to know that *82 will unblock it! Now maybe my wife will answer my calls lol.
    09-15-08 06:11 PM
    Probably not... -- JK

09-15-08 07:41 PM
    Hey guys! I want to block my number for one call by using *67, but I just can't seem to be able to dial a # or a *

Do I need to change some setting to be able to dial a symbol? I can't even call Verizon from the *611 in my address book!
    10-27-08 11:09 PM
    I won't take blocked # calls and am not alone. I feel that a person is entering my space and should ID themselves.

10-28-08 12:11 AM
    I've got the iberry black and white list and I have it checked to ignore calls where the number is unavailible or restricted. Goes straight to voice mail. I hate restricted numbers and voicemail, I wish there was a way to turn off voicemail even though my voicemail message to callers is please do not leave a voicemail. Because I will not listen to them I delete them automatically

10-28-08 12:22 AM
    I feel the same way teal. However I need to make a call and do NOT want the recipient knowing my number. The *67 is handy at times. Also when I was single I didn't want everyone and their dog knowing my number for safety reasons.

10-28-08 12:26 AM
    I won't take blocked # calls and am not alone. I feel that a person is entering my space and should ID themselves.

Well thanks for your opinion but that doesn't really answer the question, does it?

FYI I am replying to an ad and want to keep my number private until I ascertain whether or not the person I'm calling is A) real, and B) not a perv/psycho/scammer. Obviously if I wanted a totally restricted number I would simply tell Verizon to change my service.
    10-28-08 12:38 AM
    Well thanks for your opinion but that doesn't really answer the question, does it?

FYI I am replying to an ad and want to keep my number private until I ascertain whether or not the person I'm calling is A) real, and B) not a perv/psycho/scammer. Obviously if I wanted a totally restricted number I would simply tell Verizon to change my service.
    In your case that's even easier.

Setup an account at Grand Central or TalkPlus and leave that number as your AD answering phone number.

GrandCentral or TalkPlus

That way anyone calling that number, will get their call forwarded to your number(s) and they will never see your actually number unless you give it to them.

This way won't matter if they are a nut case, the number they have at (Grand Central/Talkplus), can't be traced to you in anyway to find your real name/number/address.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 10-28-08 at 01:12 AM.
    10-28-08 01:03 AM
    *67 is the easiest route if you want to temp block your number. Its what I use at work all the time. It saved me from getting a dedicated work cell and having to lug around 2 phones and 1 pager.

10-28-08 01:10 AM
    *67 is the easiest route if you want to temp block your number. Its what I use at work all the time. It saved me from getting a dedicated work cell and having to lug around 2 phones and 1 pager.

OK Maybe I need to ask this a different way.

I've already checked out GrandCentral. I only need to block my number on rare occasions.

I have used *67 for years on landline phones and cell phones.

HOWEVER I cannot dial the * symbol with my BlackBerry. When I push the * key, nothing happens. (It does work when typing a text or email, just not when dialing the phone.)

So I CAN'T use *67. It won't dial *67. Or *611. Or any number with a * in front. I want to know if there is something I'm doing wrong or need to change in my BB setting to be able to dial a *

Thanks!
    10-28-08 01:23 AM
    I've got the iberry black and white list and I have it checked to ignore calls where the number is unavailible or restricted. Goes straight to voice mail. I hate restricted numbers and voicemail, I wish there was a way to turn off voicemail even though my voicemail message to callers is please do not leave a voicemail. Because I will not listen to them I delete them automatically

I called my carrier and had voicemail feature removed from my line for free
    10-28-08 01:26 AM
    I called my carrier T-mobile and had them remove the voicemail feature..email, text, calll me............nut dotn leave me voice mails
    hate them
    10-28-08 01:27 AM
    OK Maybe I need to ask this a different way.
    I have used *67 for years on landline phones and cell phones.

HOWEVER I cannot dial the * symbol with my BlackBerry. When I push the * key, nothing happens. (It does work when typing a text or email, just not when dialing the phone.)

So I CAN'T use *67. It won't dial *67. Or *611. Or any number with a * in front. I want to know if there is something I'm doing wrong or need to change in my BB setting to be able to dial a *

Thanks!
    When you try it from the main screen what happens? Just did it on my Curve and never thought about not being able to not out * or # before numbers, because you can do *#06# to get your IMEI number up as well as calling in for balance and such using # for banking, time and account info.

In the address book when making new addresses, does it allow you to add * or # when making numbers? How about making the number like normal and editing it to add * or # where needed? I just did both and it works with my 8320. No changes needed as far as I can tell, even looked for settings and see nothing that is obvious to me anyway.
    10-28-08 02:02 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD