I know this sounds lame, but I got pushed out the door by the loacal ATT store and they didnt turn my ohone on or setup SIM card for me. I pulled ther battery and I see a metal slide that barely moves. How do u get the SIM card below it? Im baffled. PLEASE HELP I want to check this thing out !!
    08-29-07 11:36 PM

If you look carefully on the little metal thing it will say ''lock'' and ''unlock'' move it into the unlock position, lift it upward gently, then place the SIM card into the device with the gold contacts facing the metal contacts on the phone, then lower the metal slider, then push it into the ''locked'' position, voila..sim inserted, turn on device and enjoy!! welcome to crackberry!!
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 08-30-07 at 12:08 AM.
    08-30-07 12:04 AM
    Blaize thank you so much!! Your the man have a great night !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-07 12:12 AM
    no problem enjoy your new curve
    08-30-07 12:39 AM
    am staying in Tanzania(East Africa) friend posted me a blackbeyy 8300 at&t but whenever I insert my SIM card (Vodacom sim card) It says invalid sim card. so how can i just us my mobile. am so eager to use it. Please Help!
    09-10-08 06:03 AM
    am staying in Tanzania(East Africa) friend posted me a blackbeyy 8300 at&t but whenever I insert my SIM card (Vodacom sim card) It says invalid sim card. so how can i just us my mobile. am so eager to use it. Please Help!

It definitely sounds like you have a locked BB, you need to contact the operator where the device was purchased from in order to get it unlocked.
    09-10-08 06:11 AM
    Welcome!!!

Check out the Blackberry 101 lesson's here on CB... there is a shortcut link in my signature below.
    09-10-08 06:32 AM
    i don't know where to put my sim card here? my aunt in america just gave this as a gift , and know i don't know where the sim card should be placed? help me pls?
    01-22-10 07:32 AM
    I am staying in MUSCAT recently i bought BLACKBERRY 9000 BOLD and i was using it with the local carrier network now i moved to INDIA A week ago so whenever I insert my SIM card (VodaPHONE sim card) It says invalid sim card. so how can i just use my mobile in INDIA. I am so eager to use it. Please Help!
    08-23-10 06:36 AM
    I don't know where MUSCAT is but is the phone unlocked?
    Is the SIM card compatible with the BlackBerry device?
    Does the SIM card work in other phones?
    Does the BlackBerry work with other SIM cards?
    Have you contacted the phone carrier?
    What troubleshooting have YOU done?
    08-23-10 07:51 AM
    first of all thanks for your reply
    muscat is in DUBAI (UAE)
    yes the phone is unlocked as i was using it in muscat(dubai).
    yes the sim card is compatible with the BlackBerry device
    no the sim card dont work with other sim cards either in INDIA
    YOU mean the blackberry service center
    no i have done no troubleshooting yet could you suggest something please.

one more thing could you please explain me what is BB LOCKED & UNLOCKED by operator???
    08-23-10 11:40 AM
    not sure my sim card from previous phone is compatible with my new curve 8310 because it doesn't fit snugly. how do i find out for sure? will it harm the phone to try it anyway?
    08-26-10 01:28 PM
    this is a very confusing thread
    08-26-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD