I have Compose, Voice Note Recorder, Saved Messages, and Video Camera that I do not want. I go to options-applications and they are not there to delete. Where are they and how can I get rid of them?
    Last edited by tracyoke; 07-08-10 at 04:33 PM. Reason: new phone
    01-23-10 12:18 PM
    As far as apps from the OS, I think you can only hide stuff you don't like. Menu > hide application. Or something like that.
    01-23-10 12:36 PM
    If you have a copy of the OS that is installed on your BB also installed on your computer, you can remove the .cod file(s) from your OS's Java folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader\Your OS folder\Java). After you remove the .cod file(s), run loader.exe in the Apploader folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader) to remove the apps from your BB.

The .cod file that is for the voice notes recorder is net_rim_bb_voicenotesrecorder.cod, and net_rim_bb_videorecorder.cod is for the video camera. Make a backup before messing with your OS, and I advise you to move the files out of your Java folder to another folder on your computer like "Removed cod files" or something similar, instead of actually deleting them. That way, if you mess up your OS or get some other unintended result, you can put the file back easily.
    01-23-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD