I download both nav4all and amAze and when i go to put in a location it says "No GPS sensor has been coupled!" what do I do/What does this mean? and on amaze the voice just said unable to locate gps satellites or something like that.

any suggestions.
    Also which one is better? Nav4all or Amaze? ive been reading mixed reviews about amaze and that it is slow on start up but it seemed fine, just minus the..not working part haha.

THANKS!
    08-12-09 10:19 PM
    No one? I dont need the VZnavigator or anything do i?
    08-12-09 10:33 PM
    Go outside > options > advanced options > GPS.

If your coordinates are all zeros > press menu and select Refresh.

As to the two apps, I prefer Nav4All because for me it is faster,
    more feature rich, and more accurate. Best suggestion is to try
    them both and see which works best for you.
    08-12-09 10:46 PM
    when I got in to GPS all I have is the GPS source data and the option to switch it on or between 911 only. I just bought a blackberry yesterday..bear with me :| haha
    08-12-09 10:52 PM
    you wont get iether to work, even if you grab the aMaze verizon version. the gps on the 8330 is locked to most 3rd party apps. gotta go get a bluetooth gps puck to get around that. alot of people like the freedom unit, i prefer my GlobalTop Touch
    08-12-09 10:54 PM
    ugh, thats pretty stupid. No way to unlock it or anything?
    08-12-09 10:59 PM
    Suppoedly vzw unlocked gps capabilities but none of the app providers have updated their code to function with vzw yet. About your only options are a bluetooth puck or vznav.

Fwiw neither amaze or nav4all are worth a cr**... I've tried them both.

Then there is the whole 8330m issue with the gps working at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by grandpa dan; 08-12-09 at 11:12 PM.
    08-12-09 11:06 PM
    you wont get iether to work, even if you grab the aMaze verizon version. the gps on the 8330 is locked to most 3rd party apps. gotta go get a bluetooth gps puck to get around that. alot of people like the freedom unit, i prefer my GlobalTop Touch
    Good catch there. I didn't pay attention to the carrier.
    08-12-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD