I had Aol instant messenger for like 2 weeks, and when i went back into blackberry apps and uninstalled it succesfully when i restarted and went back into my main app screen, AIM was still there and functioning. I went into applications and deleted it from there, yet still on my apps main screen. I redownloaded it and uninstalled it again, yet still on my app main screen. Someone help!!

2nd question: how do i set a ringtone to a specific caller?
    06-21-09 01:09 PM
    If deleting it from your apps menu didn't work, try removing it using the Application Loader on desktop manager.

To set ringtones for a specific caller, go into their entry in the address book, press menu > edit > menu > add custom tone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 01:13 PM
    Also if its a preloaded application its coming back when Verizon sends service books. It's best to just hide the icon when it reappears. It's not the actual program more like a quick link to install the program.

I really wish carriers would stop this practice. I get tired of having to hide the myspaces and stuff I don't use. If I want it on my phone I'll go download it!
    06-21-09 02:28 PM
    What I did is create a new folder and put all of those installer shortcuts inside that. That way I don't have to hide it. I'd rather have the one folder icon showing up and all of the IM icons tucked forever out of sight.
    06-21-09 05:43 PM
    Just delete them from your service books. Options-Advanced-Service Book

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD