Scenario 1: Scroll to the end and click "Turn Power Off".** Device goes 'Off'. Press the 'Mute' button (the one on the top-left of the device) and the device comes 'On' in a few SECONDS indicating the device was in some sort of stand-by mode.

Scenario 2: Remove battery. Device goes 'Off'. Insert battery and the device comes 'On' in a few MINUTES.

The guy wants to 'turn off' the device (as in Scenario 2) without having to remove the battery.

** In some devices when the 'Turn Power Off' is clicked, the device just goes 'off' (actually stand-by) and in others, you get a message that says (in essence) "The device is scheduled to turn off at x:xx hours. Do you want to 'Turn off' or completely 'Power off' the device"

So ppl, how do we completely power off the device (as Scenario 2) WITHOUT removing the battery? Or how do we set the device to allways give the option mentioned in the note (**) ?
    Yes, this is exactly what I am asking! Thanks brittosa!
    03-24-09 05:23 PM
    i think i answered that question earlier in the thread..
    03-24-09 05:55 PM
    actually there is a way to get the prompt for full power off. if you have an alarm set on your native bb alarm, and it is set to on, you can then hit the power off button and it will ask you if you wanna turn off or full power off

forgive them midtown.. they know not what they do..
    had the same problem. yep... that did it.
    01-09-11 01:45 AM
    Hold the red button down.
    Or if not there's an option to full power off at the bottom of the screen.
    If not then just take the battery out.
    01-09-11 08:41 PM
    If a full power off is necessary, try download apps from the app world. They'll have a prompt asking to restart the device. Hope that helps. Uninstalling apps will also prompt restart, and i tried it's a full restart (blackscreen with a loading bar before startup)
    01-01-12 11:13 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD