So, you have your song. BUT you want it to play a certain part of the song as your ringtone. How can I do this so my ringtone doesn't include a part of the song that I dislike?
    03-09-08 07:21 PM
    So, you have your song. BUT you want it to play a certain part of the song as your ringtone. How can I do this so my ringtone doesn't include a part of the song that I dislike?
    personally i use adobe auditions but their are cheaper freeware out there, but i'll open up the mp3 in auditions delete the sections i dont want and keep what i want and then save as w/ a different title....
    03-09-08 07:27 PM
    The way that i make my ringtones is that i open sound recorder and play the song i want and hit record whenever i hear the part i want, then i sometimes increase the volume of what i just recorded, then i either leave it as a .wav or convert it to mp3.
    03-09-08 07:28 PM
    I use Audacity (freeware) to crop the MP3s to my liking. It's simple to use and that way I only get the parts I want to hear as ringtones.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

I think that's the correct link.

Lis
    03-09-08 07:35 PM
    Appreciate the prompt help.
    03-09-08 07:41 PM
    You can also use the DM to do this. Search for daddybear's "made my first ringtone" thread.

He will give you instructions there. Using Roxio I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 07:57 PM
    Use audacity, it's easily the best simple audio editing program out there for free.
    03-09-08 11:21 PM
    And there are a couple of good online sites that will do it... free.

Cellsea.com::All about cell phone.
    03-09-08 11:43 PM
    I use GoldWave. It edits audio files and allows you to increase/decrease the volume and add effects. If you don't feel like downloading a program, you can go to Mobile17 ^^ :: Make your own Free Ringtones and Graphics, ...online!. You just upload the song and it allows you to pick what time in the track you want the ringtone to start and stop at. Then you access the download link from your phone's web browser.
    03-09-08 11:43 PM
    I use Magix Ringtone Maker 3. It's $19.99 at Best Buy or on Magix.com This software is the best just use any music file on your PC or from a cd and crop to what ever part you want. Then just use your USB cable to transfer.
    03-10-08 12:55 AM
    try myxertones com this sites is pretty kool... u can upload ur music file and edit the part that u want and then send it to ur phone
    03-10-08 12:58 AM
    sorry i cant help providing free software but i have sound forge 7.0 and its really good.
    04-17-08 03:11 PM
    I use audacity. To export as mp3 I had to also install some app with LAME libraries. I chose CDex. A nice combo.

I also use a video converter called SUPER. You can play with the settings but saving as MP4 with the MP4 video encoder at a bitrate under 800 and 29 fps worked well. I even used 128 bitrate for audio. Southpark looks perfect on my curve!

All the software is free.

04-17-08 08:57 PM
    I use tone this ToneThis, works great, alos good for making wallpapers, and its free. You can either save the new file to your computer or have the software send it to you via sms to dowload it OTA.
    04-17-08 09:01 PM
    i use myxertones.com its easy to use and free it does everything you need all online so you dont have to take up space on your pc plus you can search and download straight from your bb browser
    04-18-08 01:03 AM
    use myxertones.com
    04-18-08 10:28 PM
    One more for Audacity

04-19-08 01:23 AM
    04-19-08 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD