Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I'm a newb here so be patient...

I am in the process of upgrading from TMob's 4.2 OS to the 4.5 OS. If I don't like the 4.5, I was just wondering how I go back to 4.2? Is it just like how I did the 4.5 upgrade, except that I choose 4.2 instead?

Thanks
    09-06-08 02:39 PM
    I'm a newb here so be patient...

I am in the process of upgrading from TMob's 4.2 OS to the 4.5 OS. If I don't like the 4.5, I was just wondering how I go back to 4.2? Is it just like how I did the 4.5 upgrade, except that I choose 4.2 instead?

Thanks
    Go to T-Mo's site and download the current authorized version of your OS, you'll need to delete the 4.5.x version and install the official version on your computer. Then you basically do the upgrade procedure -- you'll need to do an extra step to get apploader to work because the older version will not be an upgrade for apploader to find. There is a paragraph in the 101 upgrade instructions telling you how to do this -- you can find info about this in BMC's up/down grade instructions -- link in my sig or Sunkast's post below...

Here's a link to T-Mo's device software site (you can get it directly from rim as well, but that version is .184, that link is just below T-Mo's link):
    Unsupported Browser
    BlackBerry - PDA Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com

Here's a link to the 101 instructions that tell you how to get apploader to downgrade:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 09-06-08 at 03:01 PM.
    09-06-08 02:44 PM
    09-06-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD