... for my work and personal email?

I actually did this when I first got my BB back in November, but had to wipe it completely recently (for work, new email system & set up on my BB) AND I updated my OS (not sure if this could be why), and now I can't figure out how to create individual folders.

Right now I have one separate folder for personal email that is labeled with that email address and is separate from the general "Messages" folder, but need to create a second for work stuff. It's a pain for me to have it ALL go into the "Messages" folder, so I'd really like to get away from that. It's driving me nuts that I figured it out before, but can't now. Help!
    Last edited by Tattooed Kitty; 04-24-09 at 01:49 PM. Reason: clarification of info in post
    04-24-09 01:47 PM
    go to messages menu>options>general>email and sms seperate
    04-24-09 01:49 PM
    Thanks, but I did that a long time ago ... it's not an issue of my test messages and email going to the same folder - that's currently separate.

I have the general "Messages" folder, into which my 2 separate (personal and business) email messages go. I also have a separate folder, labeled with my personal email addy, that receives ONLY my personal email.

What I want to do is set up another folder to receive my business email. I don't care if both email accounts go into the general "Messages" folder, as once I have the other 2, separate folders for biz & personal, I can hide the general "Messages" folder.

Thanks to anyone out there who wants to help a newb'!
    Last edited by Tattooed Kitty; 04-24-09 at 02:33 PM. Reason: courtesy
    04-24-09 02:31 PM
    HOLY CATS! I guess the issue is resolved ... I just noticed a brand new folder for my newly added biz address, on my home screen! Woohoo! Thanks anyway, peeps!
    04-24-09 02:36 PM
    yeah, if you have it set to seperate, and then you add a new email addy, it will create a new folder when you add it.
    04-24-09 03:59 PM
    yeah, if you have it set to seperate, and then you add a new email addy, it will create a new folder when you add it.
    So how do I get a separate folder for my BES email? I have set the SMS and email to separate, but I still have only one box with my business and personal email.
    06-17-09 06:52 PM
    i dont think you can with BES. big bro is in charge of that.
    06-17-09 08:42 PM
    i dont think you can with BES. big bro is in charge of that.
    That makes it very hard to use the email. It is over run with personal stuff. Is there a setting our IT guys can make on the BES?
    06-17-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD