Hey all. I have a Telus 8330 and am trying to change my brower from the Telus brower to internet browser. I have gone into browser>options>general properties and made internet browser my default browser, however it doesn't seem to fo anything. My home page is still the one listed under the Telus Wap browser settings. If anyone can help I would be super grateful.

Thanks!
    08-24-08 02:13 PM
    Sorry for the bump, but I'm at a loss on this one! Stupid thing is I'm sure it's a simple thing I'm missing.....
    08-24-08 03:26 PM
    Open your browser, press menu and go to options and then general properties.
    08-24-08 03:32 PM
    I wondered the same thing thanks
    08-24-08 04:51 PM
    Thanks - I have done that but I don't think it has "taken". How can you check if you are using internet browser. What is different?
    08-24-08 05:00 PM
    Thanks - I have done that but I don't think it has "taken". How can you check if you are using internet browser. What is different?
    Click the browser again and see if it opens up with the new homepage that you assigned to it.. Mine was verizon now its yahoo.com

PS make sure you save it after changing it..
    08-24-08 05:05 PM
    Unfortunately it still takes me to the homepage assigned for the Telus Wap browser but I did set the default browser to internet browser which has google as the homepage. Any idea what I need to do to make it work?
    08-24-08 05:08 PM
    Browser > Options > Browser Config > all the way at the bottom you can set the homepage.
    08-24-08 05:31 PM
    Have you had any luck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 11:37 AM
    You need to change your 'start page' to homepage then if for example you want google as your homepage, go to google, hit menu > options. > browser configuration then scroll down and select use current.

That should do it

08-28-08 11:46 AM
    You need to change your 'start page' to homepage then if for example you want google as your homepage, go to google, hit menu > options. > browser configuration then scroll down and select use current.

That should do it

this was indeed helpful because i couldn't figure out how to change from the vzw homepage
    10-16-08 03:18 PM
    I didn't know I could change the Home Page. Awesome, I just changed it to google. Thanks!!!
    11-17-08 01:07 PM
    Also, when you save bookmarks, it saves the configuration with the browser that you were using when the bookmarks were created. Go through each of your bookmarks and make sure that the desired browser has been selected for each bookmark. You'll have to highlight the bookmark and then select edit in order to view the browser setting. This was driving me crazy for ages until I realized this. Half of my bookmarks were set to Blackberry Browser while the others were set to Internet Browser. Now they are all the same.
    Last edited by nycebo; 01-08-09 at 02:17 PM. Reason: better clarification
    01-08-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD