Ok, Im new. Just got a Blackberry for the first time today. Im finding it a whole lot more difficult to figure things out than my LG phones I've had for years.

How do I DL ringtones?

How come when I tell it to HIDE an icon on the display, it doesnt really hide it, it just greys it out a bit?

Where do I put my SD memory card? I took out the battery but dont see a spot.

Is there a way I can globally delete all the messages in my inbox instead of one at a time? Seems like a pain in the rear to have to do them one at a time.

Those are just a few. Im sure Ill have more.
    08-18-08 08:11 PM
    Hello,
    You may want to take a look at the threads in this link: BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    08-18-08 08:13 PM
    08-18-08 08:18 PM
    Ok, Im new. Just got a Blackberry for the first time today. Im finding it a whole lot more difficult to figure things out than my LG phones I've had for years.

How do I DL ringtones?

How come when I tell it to HIDE an icon on the display, it doesnt really hide it, it just greys it out a bit?

Where do I put my SD memory card? I took out the battery but dont see a spot.

Is there a way I can globally delete all the messages in my inbox instead of one at a time? Seems like a pain in the rear to have to do them one at a time.

Those are just a few. Im sure Ill have more.
    1-CrackBerry has a great selection of ringtones in the media section , just email to your device email and save to your card.

2-I never have understood the hiding funkiness myself , so cant help you there.

3- Look again . you will see a little slide with contacts for the card , it only fits one way and lock it.

4-hold right or left shift and scroll down to highlight multiple messages OR highlight a date and select "delete prior" *THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING PRIOR* or if you have alot of messages from one specific individual go to your address book and select a contact , hit menu , activity log. (I love that way)
    08-18-08 08:21 PM
    1-CrackBerry has a great selection of ringtones in the media section , just email to your device email and save to your card.

2-I never have understood the hiding funkiness myself , so cant help you there.

3- Look again . you will see a little slide with contacts for the card , it only fits one way and lock it.

4-hold right or left shift and scroll down to highlight multiple messages OR highlight a date and select "delete prior" *THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING PRIOR* or if you have alot of messages from one specific individual go to your address book and select a contact , hit menu , activity log. (I love that way)
    Thanks a ton everyone. Especially on number 4. As far as the SD card, will it take any Micro SD Card or does it have to be a special BB one because there aint no way this one is going to fit in there.
    08-18-08 08:27 PM
    Micro SD only.
    08-18-08 08:29 PM
    Any microSD card should work..................ummmm wait it says you have the 8700v, is that correct?
    08-18-08 08:32 PM
    For hiding icons, you must have the "show all" selection unchecked in your main screen menu. Only when this selection is checked will your hidden icons show.

Like srplumber said, check out the 101 lectures. They are very informative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:33 PM
    Hi...regarding #2...someone suggested to create a folder and place all of your unused icons in the folder. I didn't like that they kept showing up gray even after hiding them...so I just created the folder...drug the icons into it...and problem solved.
    08-18-08 08:41 PM
    The ones you hide are the grayed out ones. To make them go away, click the show all...They will dissapear.
    08-18-08 08:41 PM
    Any microSD card should work..................ummmm wait it says you have the 8700v, is that correct?
    No, I bought the 8330
    08-18-08 08:54 PM
    Is there a type of file extension that I need to use to create these ringtones?? I noticed that iTunes saves music as m4a extensions. Ive changed them to mp3 and asked them to be 15 seconds long, but everyone that Ive uploaded to that site ends up not playing anything? Ive saved them as an mp3 ringtone but there were other choices.
    08-18-08 08:55 PM
    No, I bought the 8330
    Oh , sorry you threw me off for a minute there. Your profile says you are rockin' the 8700v.
    08-18-08 08:58 PM
    Crap!! I need to change that. That was when I was doing research to see if that phone would allow for FLASH using adobe Flash Lite. Thanks for reminding me
    08-18-08 09:00 PM
    My downloaded ringtones are mp3.
    08-18-08 09:00 PM
    Another question for you GrandMaster...... Can I password protect just certain aspects of my phone? Like my memos? I dont care about my contacts being password protected. Or is it all or nothing?
    08-18-08 09:03 PM
    As far as I know its all or nothing.
    08-18-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD