Not sure how to describe this thing that's bugging me when making phone calls but here goes ...

From the main dialing screen, when I want to find a contact to call, I simply start typing a few letters in the name and the search begins to narrow down to contacts who share the same letters. Good so far and works exactly how it should.

However, if I pause for more than a second on any of the names, the address book auto expands to show me all the telephone numbers for the currently highlighted contact. This is a pain (for me) because it makes scrolling a longer list difficult in that it can be hard to tell where the end of an expanded contact's phone list finishes and the next contact's name begins.

More of a pain while I'm driving (yikes!) than anywhere else. And, I'd swear the feature wasn't there a while back. All I ever did was scroll down the list and click on a contact. From there, the BB would offer me a list of stored numbers to use for the selected contact.

How do I disable the auto expanding feature in the address book when dialing.

W.
    08-29-08 10:19 PM
    Not sure how to describe this thing that's bugging me when making phone calls but here goes ...

From the main dialing screen, when I want to find a contact to call, I simply start typing a few letters in the name and the search begins to narrow down to contacts who share the same letters. Good so far and works exactly how it should.

However, if I pause for more than a second on any of the names, the address book auto expands to show me all the telephone numbers for the currently highlighted contact. This is a pain (for me) because it makes scrolling a longer list difficult in that it can be hard to tell where the end of an expanded contact's phone list finishes and the next contact's name begins.

More of a pain while I'm driving (yikes!) than anywhere else. And, I'd swear the feature wasn't there a while back. All I ever did was scroll down the list and click on a contact. From there, the BB would offer me a list of stored numbers to use for the selected contact.

How do I disable the auto expanding feature in the address book when dialing.

W.
    I don't believe that's a new feature. I've tried all of the call log options, and they all act this way. It does make dialing from the Home Screen a little more difficult. Of course, you shouldn't be dialing while driving, even though we all do it sometimes. On my device, the phone numbers are indented one character, to help you tell where the numbers end and the next name begins.
    08-30-08 09:56 PM
    If you have to dial while driving use the voice commands , they work SO well!!!! And that's what they're for

Personally I prefer dial from home disabled. From there you just hit "A" for address book and start typing the name of the contact (same as you do now) and hit the green call button when you see the contact you wanted. This way the numbers don't expand on you while typing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-30-08 at 10:06 PM.
    08-30-08 10:00 PM
    Appreciate the replies. Confirms what I've found myself and/or good ideas to try.

W.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD