I bought a new BB and want to delete 2 email accounts from my old 8310. I go to email settings and my email accounts don't show but on the home screen they are still there. What do I do to cancel it.
    01-08-09 11:37 PM
    If you can't see the email accounts when you access the Email Setup using your BB, try logging into the BIS website using your PC. Any email accounts that you're receiving email from on your Berry will be on the BIS website.

The website is usually your carrier.blackberry.com or whatever your BB email is. The email suffix is .net but the website suffix is .com.

Hope this helps.
    01-08-09 11:44 PM
    im just going to reformat the phone. Is there anyway for this>
    01-08-09 11:53 PM
    reformatting it won't remove the email accounts. When you do that and it reboots the servers will push down the service books again which will still contain your email settings.

Log in to BIS and verify they were removed. Then check your service books and delete them from there if they exist.

Also, if you bought a new BB to replace the old one, when you log in to BIS to change the PIN it will automatically tell the new BB to receive the emails instead of the old one. From there just double check the service books were removed on the old one, delete any emails that were still on it and you should be good.
    01-08-09 11:56 PM
    Reformatting the phone will not do any good if those accounts are
    still attached to your account. Once you reload the OS they will
    come back. The advice above would be the best way to get
    rid of those accounts.

AT&T BIS Site
    01-08-09 11:57 PM
    how do i log into BIS? What is BIS?
    01-08-09 11:59 PM
    BIS - Blackberry Internet Service. The service for personal users
    BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server (corporate mostly)

To log into BIS follow the link I posted above.
    01-09-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD