I have an 8330 that I'm not using and I want to give it to a friend of mine. The Verizon account I had has been canceled, so the phone has no web access. I've deleted everything off of it that I can find, but I'm unable to get my email accounts off of there. It appears that the only way to delete them is to go into email settings, which requires web access. In addition, my BIS account is not active, so I can't get to it through my PC. I doubt I'd be able to get to it from the BB.

I have two personal accounts and a business account that I need to get off of there before I give it to him. The question is how. Is there some top secret ninja trick that will let me delete those accounts?

Thanks!
    05-08-09 12:51 AM
    You can try and delete the service books..

Go to Option -> Advanced -> Service Books.

Delete the email accounts from there.

Look for all the email accounts accociated from the email your looking for then delete them.

Since that the account is deactivated, they should not resend.

Again, this is just a "try".

msblueline
    05-08-09 01:05 AM
    Just seconds ago I found how to completely wipe the BB. You go to Options -> Security -> General Settings, then hit the blackberry button and select Wipe Handheld. Then you enter the password "blackberry" to wipe it. Not exactly clear and user-friendly!
    05-08-09 01:09 AM
    Just seconds ago I found how to completely wipe the BB. You go to Options -> Security -> General Settings, then hit the blackberry button and select Wipe Handheld. Then you enter the password "blackberry" to wipe it. Not exactly clear and user-friendly!
    That is certainly one way of doing it. But, if you wanted to leave certain apps on the device then that would of course delete them too.

msblueline
    05-08-09 01:14 AM
    I don't think the person wants to brick the phone, just delete the accounts.
    05-08-09 01:46 AM
    Wiping the BB won't brick it, there will still be an OS on it.

The worst that can happen is the new owner will have to call the carrier to have the PIN released to set up their email accts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 01:57 AM
    One more thing....you can call Verizon w/that pin number & make sure they "delete" the account associated with the pin#
    05-08-09 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD