I have the sprint 8330 blackberry and I am trying to send a picture mail to my moms verizon phone and it keeps coming back error even when I put in her full phone email address. Any suggestions?
    06-30-08 09:40 PM
    Have you tried to another device outside sprint other than your mom? Maybe your mom has a block on her acct. If this is the case she needs to call Verizon to have this removed. Try another outside source first to see if it number specific or all numbers you try to send to.

Alao find out if your mom can recv pictures from other people.
    06-30-08 09:42 PM
    Yeah I tried my verizon phone as well and I know I can recieve them. It keeps coming back WAP Error cose?
    06-30-08 09:52 PM
    Are you sending them SMS or mms? Because I know on my phone I have to send it using mms. Text messages I can use SMS but for pictures I have to use mms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 10:04 PM
    Well all that is on this phone is MMS i believe
    06-30-08 10:17 PM
    Oh mine offers me a choice. Sorry I couldn't help.

06-30-08 10:19 PM
    From what I have heard Sprint Blackberry's aren't able to do MMS until the release of OS 4.5...only email...kinda like the iphone.
    06-30-08 10:21 PM
    From what I have heard Sprint Blackberry's aren't able to do MMS until the release of OS 4.5...only email...kinda like the iphone.
    Very true. For whatever reason, sprint has disabled the mms function on all their blackberry devices.

06-30-08 10:30 PM
    Double check the size of the picture (large, medium,small.) I know mms has a size limit of around 300kb, so the large size would be to big. As for emial, I'm not sure of the size limit. I think I read somewhere that the new BIS update will allow up to a 3mb attachment. I hope that helps out a little bit.

06-30-08 10:30 PM
    thta makes me laugh everytime..

iphones are funny lol.
    06-30-08 10:32 PM
    Hello everyone! I just purchased the BB on Saturday, and I love it. However, I am trying to send pictures to people who do not have a BB, and I don't know how. Since I am still trying to learn the BB, can someone PLEASE explain to me how to send a pix to people that do not have a BB???
    Thank you very much in advance for all your help!
    08-05-08 02:41 PM
    I have a VZW version of your phone. Sending pictures is a matter of sending an MMS message. There are several ways to start the process, including choosing a picture, then selecting "send as MMS" from the menu.

However, I've read that Sprint doesn't support MMS for Blackberry. Someone else needs to confirm this.
    08-05-08 03:02 PM
    Thanks Arninetyes,

I have selected the pictures, however, I can not even get to the MMS. It does not make sense to me that on a regular phone you can take and send pix, but not on this more expensive phone?!?!?!

I appreciate your response. I welcome other feedback with instructions, if able to do this on the Curve.

Thanks again. I look forward to helping others when I get the basics down
    08-05-08 04:56 PM
    ZzzZzzzZzzzZzzzzZzzzzZzzzzZzzzz
    This topic has been said over & over & over & over & over & over to the point that its been pretty boring already. There is no such thing as a quick fix! There is no solution to this topic @ ALL.
    Sprint is Just plain Stupid 4 depriving its consumers with this mess. ZzzzZzzzZzzzZzzzZzzzZzzzZ
    10-09-08 04:54 AM
    The guy from the sprint store provided this list. It only covers major US providers. Basically you send an email with the picture as an attachment to the MDN. In this case the MDN is the mobile number of the person you are sending it to.

Example: If I wanted to send my friend a picture and her number was 317-555-1212 and she used Sprint as her provider, I would compose an email message with the picture as an attachment and address the email to [email protected]

Sprint: [email protected]

Verizon: [email protected]

Cingular: [email protected]

US Cellular: [email protected]

T-Mobile: [email protected]

Nextel: [email protected]

Alltel: [email protected]

AT&T: [email protected]

Boost: [email protected]

Virgin: [email protected]

I hope this helps.
    10-09-08 05:43 AM
    Uh Hello0ooo?! Those work arounds no longer work. They're useless cause Sprint & Verizon have placed a BLOCK on ALL Workarounds now.
    10-09-08 07:33 AM
    Thanks Arninetyes,

I have selected the pictures, however, I can not even get to the MMS. It does not make sense to me that on a regular phone you can take and send pix, but not on this more expensive phone?!?!?!
    You CAN send pictures using your email (MMS) service. If you are sending to another person whose phone receives email you are all set. I get them all the time on my berry. I know that there are still a lot of people who still you antiquated regular phones that ONLY get SMS pics, but they will either have to get a smart phone or wait until Sprint releases OS4.5 - and I hope it's soon so this question stops showing up on the forum!!
    10-09-08 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD