hi .. is there anyway to force AT&T OS Load on my bb8310 ?
    in other word.. can i determine what os to be installed in my bb ?( sometime i would to use vodafon sometime t-mobil and sometime att )
    thanks for any respone..
    05-05-09 05:40 PM
    No. The OS is not carrier specific. The OS is device specific. You can load any compatible OS to the device. But it will not bring any of the carrier functions.
    05-05-09 05:44 PM
    Why not just load whatever is the most current OS,
    regardless of carrier. Nothing will be gained by switching
    from one carriers to another and then yet another.
    05-05-09 05:46 PM
    After you download the OS you want to use go to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and scroll to the bottom and delete the vendor.xml file.
    One thing you need to be certain of is that the OS you get is for your specific model. As Mama stated, the OS from any carrier will work on your device as long as it is for an 8310. Read the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure for more help.
    05-05-09 05:46 PM
    hi there. really thans for you guys respone.. and sorry for my poor english and also sorry with out intro my self i create a new thread here..

so there is no way to determine what os ( vodafone tmobil att bb ) to be installed when i started the loader ?
    05-05-09 06:04 PM
    hi there. really thans for you guys respone.. and sorry for my poor english and also sorry with out intro my self i create a new thread here..

so there is no way to determine what os ( vodafone tmobil att bb ) to be installed when i started the loader ?
    You will see what carrier's OS you are getting when you download it to your PC. As mentioned, it doesn't matter, as long as it is for the 8310 (your device).

For example, the OS download link in the first post of this thread is for the IndoSat 4.5.0.124 OS for the 8310.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/
    05-05-09 06:08 PM
    i am really sorry. as i said.. i really have a poor read in english and also udnerstanding..

lets get an example
    i have a bb 8310 witf vodafone installed on it.. and now i want change to t-mobile , should i need to download the t-mobile software to install so my os will be t-mobile ?

again.. sorry guy for my ppoor understanding and also i am new in bb but i really read alot in google about bb and also now need a little guide from you the expert one..
    05-05-09 06:19 PM
    You dont need to install a new OS to run that device on T mobile. All you have to do is get it unlocked.
    05-05-09 06:21 PM
    what to do after unlock ?
    i had tried unlock using mml 2.0.1.3 and try do install. there is no wway to chose what os to be installed
    05-05-09 06:24 PM
    if you dont mind.. would you show me the step to chose what ever os to installed ?
    05-05-09 06:30 PM
    If I remember correctly you have to download and install the OS your going to use first. Then use the MFI tool. I think your best bet is to pay to get it unlocked. Try searching for an unlocking service.

As far as your OS that you want...do you want it in english?
    05-05-09 06:54 PM
    05-05-09 07:01 PM
    yes i english..ok i will try to reply back as soon as i tried

hehe actually before i post i was just ready to be flamed but u guys really show me your respect as a senior...
    you really try to teach a new bie the way a new bie would understand.
    05-05-09 07:08 PM
    rlp32 do you have any messenger ?
    05-05-09 07:18 PM
    Click on my avatar and pm me that way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 09:05 PM
    hey rlp32 thanks for advice.. i understand why u ppl and me keep confuse hahaa..
    i misunderstood the meaning for Change OS..
    and i thought Change OS mean change the LOGO or Splash Screen and the themes..

this is the first time i use blackberrry and so does the other specific meaning of bb.

what i really want is how to change my splash screen in blackberry 8310 and also bb bold ?
    i see the VSM is vendor splash and media , what if i just wanna change my splash screen ? i dont know the meaning of vendor i afraid it will crash my bb if i change it just in that way
    05-06-09 11:35 AM
    You can't really change the splash screen, as far as I know. Besides, it only comes up for a few seconds when it is rebooting.
    05-06-09 01:40 PM
    You want to change your splash screen...then I'll send you here. https://hookedontronyx.com/My-Hosted-Files.html thats all I can do for you.
    05-06-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD