OK, this is actually a question for my parents phone, the Blackberry Curve 8330. How do I change their email settings for the frequency of checking for emails and also how do I change the alert tone for the emails? Preferably, they don't want any tone at all for email. I've tried looking for these features, but I'm not familiar with the Blackberry and trying to find this information in the manual is always a major pain in the ****. Thanks for any help.
    07-16-09 09:06 AM
    Go to profiles(looks like a little speaker)> advanced(all the way at the bottom)> choose which profile you want to change the settings to> then click messages[there email address] and change it.
    07-16-09 09:14 AM
    How often the bb server or the carriers push mail to your phone is set by them and you cannot change it on the phone.
    07-16-09 09:28 AM
    yeah frequency would never become user defined, and thinkamps approach should help you. I dont think you'd wanna change push anyway since its pretty much real time, like a portable inbox
    07-16-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks, I'll try your suggestions tonight. As to the frequency issue, I know it's not the same thing, but I am able to adjust the timing on my Palm Pre. I guess with the Blackberry, you're saying it's an automatic thing...but does it check at regular intervals? I suppose at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, just as long as I can turn off the alert noise. Apparently it makes the noise at all hours of the day.
    07-16-09 03:10 PM
    your parents must be pretty important, lol, but yeah if they hate the noise that should be the first concern
    07-16-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD